All Topics / Value Adding / kitchen benchtop info required

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of shanemattshanematt
    @shanematt

I have a tired old kitchen in a IP.Has anyone painted the cabinents,replaced handles and replaced the bench top? How did it go?

Profile photo of SHalesSHales
    @shales

A friend painted cabinets with the proper paint.  The wood cabinets went fine, but the paint chipped off the melamine cabinets very quickly.  This looked pretty bad because she painted black over white, so every little chip showed up really easily.  She used the best quality paint that she could find for the job and prepped it all properly. 

Profile photo of shanemattshanematt
    @shanematt
    SHales wrote:
    A friend painted cabinets with the proper paint.  The wood cabinets went fine, but the paint chipped off the melamine cabinets very quickly.  This looked pretty bad because she painted black over white, so every little chip showed up really easily.  She used the best quality paint that she could find for the job and prepped it all properly. 

Thanks.There all wood so hopefully should be fine

Profile photo of CherryInteriorsCherryInteriors
    Participant
    @cherryinteriors

Ive sprayed melamine before with a spray paint primer and then with a satin black on white. it does scratch very easily, i think you'd be better off getting new doors. I believe ikea sell them for $5 a door.

But in saying that, wood should be fine.

Be careful that you dont spend a fortune on the handles as they do add up quickly. Iv'e seen them at $20 a handle, some are even more.

Profile photo of CharynyCharyny
    Participant
    @charyny

Hi Shanematt

Our business has painted many kitchens for our own investment properties and clients investment properties.  It works very well is such a cost effective solution.  We use White Knight products available through Bunnings and Taubmans.  We have painted tiles, bench tops and cupboard doors.  We always replace old handles with new ones – Ikea sell them for just under $5.00 a handle, but if you shop around you will find some great prices.  A tip:- Make sure you remove your cupboards lay them out on tables or stands, sand back lightly and paint inside and out.  This way gives you the best effect.  You can just replace the bench top if you are unsure aboput painting it,  try find a supplyer that you can go directly through which can save you alot of money.  We also do all of the above to bathrooms.  If you would like to see some of our before and after pictures, there are some up on our website at the moment, and I will be adding more later today. http://www.housestoimpress.com.au

Hope this helps

Profile photo of shanemattshanematt
    @shanematt
    Charyny wrote:
    Hi Shanematt

Our business has painted many kitchens for our own investment properties and clients investment properties.  It works very well is such a cost effective solution.  We use White Knight products available through Bunnings and Taubmans.  We have painted tiles, bench tops and cupboard doors.  We always replace old handles with new ones – Ikea sell them for just under $5.00 a handle, but if you shop around you will find some great prices.  A tip:- Make sure you remove your cupboards lay them out on tables or stands, sand back lightly and paint inside and out.  This way gives you the best effect.  You can just replace the bench top if you are unsure aboput painting it,  try find a supplyer that you can go directly through which can save you alot of money.  We also do all of the above to bathrooms.  If you would like to see some of our before and after pictures, there are some up on our website at the moment, and I will be adding more later today. http://www.housestoimpress.com.au

Hope this helps

Thanks for that info.
    Your picturs look great.
    Does your business do work in sydney? I am on the northern beaches but I think you may be based in SA only.

Profile photo of CharynyCharyny
    Participant
    @charyny

Thank you..

Our main market is in SA, but we are branching out to interstate customers .  Currently we help interstate investors with their investment properties in SA, we source blinds, light fittings, anything they need for their properties so they do not need to travel interstate to purchase products and arrange someone to install etc.  We do the leg work and source cost effective products because we know where all the bargains are.  We save our customers a lot of money.

We can also do our makeover report for interstate customers – we would get the customer to send through pictures of their property and we could do our report off of the pictures and the details they give us.  We would do our report at a lower price because it is via email and phone and no travel is required. 

We are open to anything we can help any potential customer with, let me know if there is any way we can assist you.

Thank you

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.