Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

I am currently in the process of building three houses on the one (community titled) site.  What is an acceptable build time for a project like this?

All houses are pretty much identical, with three bedrooms, two way bathrooms and very basic landscaping.

Cheers

K

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

I'd be expecting 9-12 months depending upon the complexity of the project, the quality of the project manager/builder, issues in the ground, extent of consultant involvement (design), adequate funding for variations/contingencies, weather etc.

Profile photo of hleunghleung
    Participant
    @hleung

I agree with Scott No Mates.  9 – 12 months is about average.

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

So for a relatively straightforward project, ie, no ground issues, no design issues, no funding issues etc, would 6 months from the laying of the slab to handover be considered a good turnaround time?

K

Profile photo of hleunghleung
    Participant
    @hleung

I've built quite a few properties and something always crops up which delays the project ie rain, getting the right tradesmen at the right time, materials such as kitchen appliances not available.  6 months is possible if everything falls into place.

I know it's extreme but I've got a mate who has still hasn't got his project finished after 24 months.  His builder is not going to go bust, just lots of issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.