All Topics / Help Needed! / Domain Charter Group

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of jokerpokerjokerpoker
    @jokerpoker

Just wondering if anyone has had experience (positive or negative) with Domain Charter Group? They are an off-the-plan agent that also assists with managing the property, with rental warranties. Regards

jokerpoker

Profile photo of apuapu
    Participant
    @apu

Hi. I don't have any feedback about this company (yet) but we have also been looking into buying an investment property through them, but don't really know anything about them. Have you found out any information on them since this post? Did you decide to go ahead?
    Thanks.

Profile photo of ahpbarretoahpbarreto
    Participant
    @ahpbarreto

I am the same. I have met with them but am not sure how trustworthy they are. Did you go ahead with them?

Profile photo of BluegrassBluegrass
    Participant
    @bluegrass

Hi All
    I build and sell investment properties and I can tell you that if there is a rental guarantee you are paying for it.
    I do not know the comapny you speak of. I am in Queensland
    Bluegrass

Profile photo of Results1Results1
    @results1

I tend to agree with Bluegrass, generally speaking you have guaranteed rent built into price. Check wth a few local agents as to whether they agree with the rental forecasts.

Profile photo of Carl123Carl123
    Participant
    @carl123

<moderator: deletetion of comment>
    We are renters with Domain Charter Group and they always do the wrong thing by us.
    We moved into one of their new properties and :
    The air conditioner did not work and they refused to fix it.
    They refused to give us the key for the gate.
    They refuse to supply rent receipts which is an offense under the Act.

I could go on. Stay away from Domain Charter Group

Profile photo of annoyedannoyed
    Participant
    @annoyed

Yes steer clear of Domain (moderator – deletion).  Property investing is great but look else where if your interested – don't use Domain Charter Group.

Profile photo of jelbelljelbell
    @jelbell

I have used Domain Charter Group and am extremely unhappy with the management & service provided after the initial purchase.

The ongoing costs arising from the property for repairs are certainly disappointing considering the property is less than 4 years old.

I won't be using them again.

Profile photo of vevstavevsta
    @vevsta

I agree, we have been renting with Domain Charter Group since September 2010, we paid a bond security of $440 which is non refundable, yet i have just found out illegal too, it too is a new property, our oven has been broken since November with several maintenence requests yet nothing done to repair it, as instructed by an electrician not to be used as we will be electrocuted.
    the rent? well we are forever being taken to court for late rental payments, where yes i agree there has been a fall behind, but an immense catch up with almost $4000 on rent account (receipted thank you) in two months, Ben Burling, the propert manager, after yet again depositing more rent $740.00 on account the Friday morning, managed to obtain a warrant for possession it was granted as no appearence on my behalf, the reason i didnt appear was i was simply unaware that there was going to be a court hearing as Ben stated he was adjourning the hearing, the amount applied, $ 319.00, so where did my other $421.00? i received a warrant for possesion in the mail, immediately contacting VCAT, whom informed me that obviously something isnt right, i went down to Vcat before the judge with proof of rental deposits yet again, to be told by the judge that there seems to be something amiss here. she the judge could see for herself that these amounts regulary paid should put us well in advance. another hearing is yet to be scheduled for this matter, however i know that Ben Burling of Domain Charter Group will again find some sly way of avoiding the truth, he wont provide a ledger which the judge has now ordered the Real Estate to provide immediately.. It is unfortunate as i feel for the lanlord of our property as if we are paying all this rental amounts and Domain are forever stating we are behind then where does it leave the owner in all this too? not to mention the fat that we as tennants being grat ones to will have to face an extreme hardship when applying for other rental proerties as we are well aware we cannot and will not get a great reference off Domain Charter Group.. STAY AWAY FROM THIS REAL ESTATE YOUR PROPERTY WILL BE IN RUINS AND TENANTS WILL BE IN EXTREME STATES OF HARRASMENT AND CONFUSIN WHEN TRYING TO ENJOY THE TENANCY.

Profile photo of dylan211dylan211
    @dylan211

I too was a tenant with DCG and will never be able to get another rental because of the record on NTD that I now have from them. It is now 2011 and I am still dealing with issues from 2008. The agent (if u would call them that) issued an incorrect notice to vacate so I left not knowing any better, only to find out now that they had reissued this notice once I had vacated and now have me listed as abandoning a property. I cleaned the property and keys were sent back. I made sure rent was paid up as I was 7 months pregnant a.d didn’t want to deal with any more issues from DCG. Almost 4 yrs later I have applied for a rental property only to find out that domain have not only listed me as abandoning a property but have said I owe them over 7 months in rent. I also paid the security bond ( that they never registered with the RTBA) was Also told that it wasn’t refundable. I always did the right thing as it was my first rental property but somehow ended up homeless because of their mistake. I advise anyone that wants to rent in the future or invest to NEVER BOTHER.

Profile photo of wisepearlwisepearl
    @wisepearl

i think there should be a rule on this forum that first time posters are not allowed to name companies… call me a sceptic, but the only commenters above with opinion or question of this company are all first time posters. posting months and months apart, just to bump the thread.

Profile photo of MaxVanMaxVan
    @maxvan

I just came across this and felt i had to post as my experience has been extremely positive. I have been dealing with domain charter for a number of years as a property owner and found them a pleasure to work with. All properties are managed and maintained well. we have had  a couple of tenants that were not a good fit but domain worked through all the issues without any hassles. Overall i find the company an asset to have on board for any investor.

Profile photo of InvestSmartInvestSmart
    Participant
    @bond001

Keep away from this company.
    Very unreliable and untrustworthy.
    They are conmen trying to make money at the expense of unsuspecting customers.
    They are more worried about their cut with the builder rather than putting customers interest first when suggesting investment properties.

Profile photo of InvestSmartInvestSmart
    Participant
    @bond001

Domain Charter Group is just absolute rubbish.
    No respect for customers and I have also come to know that when their clients have evaluated the finished investment properties the evaluators have valued the property much below the cost they sold the property to the investor.
    Very selfish and arrogant group.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

One word to sum up is CONMEN.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.