All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Vendor delay settlement. i was charged with rental?!?!

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Profile photo of 9356193561
    Participant
    @93561
    god_of_money wrote:
    What was the reason why the bank could not release the title?

according to my solicitor,

the vendor break loan contract with bank. so the bank is charging him penalty.

the bank even sent evaluater to visit the unit. i think there is a stage when the bank want to take over the unit.

i was actually panic. dont know what to do. with my lousy solicitor, i cant fight anything from the vendor. i was had been searching for another unit for the past two weeks. making arrangement ready to move. get my property agent ready a 6 months lease contract for me.

anyway…. hopefully tuesday will be end of all this bully.

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

it sounds like the vendor is a wanker. you should go find another lawyer and see what they say they might be able to give you a better solution and if they are good then dump your current lawyer. i had a lawyer like yours and he was also shocking cost me thousands of dollars and there was about 5 bulls up that he made and i picked up on them as time went. will never use him again

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

You should utilise your vendor's lawyer in the future (quite experiences from your explanation)…
    I think it is important not to use conveyancer but property lawyers only.

I learn something from your case… Let's know what happen at this end?

Profile photo of 9356193561
    Participant
    @93561

finally, today i settled my contract.

i gave the cash cheque to my solicitor's wife (also his secretary) because he is not in the office.

his secretary actually ask me to drive her to the vendor solicitor office. i rejected her and she actually gave me an evil glare and said she should have charged me extra delivery fee. it sounds like a joke. but it also doesnt sound funny.
    anyway, i hope this is finally truely an end. dont want to hear another false positive news, and whatever reason the vendor came out. dont want to see and deal with these people ever again! (except the collection of my title 2-3 weeks later).

btw, got a question… i emailed my solicitor and he ignored me as usual. i think he is afraid of black and white. i purposely dont want to call him as he doesnt know what he is talking.

anyway… the question.
    when can i apply for first home buyer grant? can i lodge in the form now? or i have to wait till i receive the title??

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

I would definitly never use that solicitor again, sometimes it pays to pay extra for a top solicitor and then you get a top job.

DID YOU PERSONALY PAY STAMP DUTY?

Your solicitor should have soughted this but you probaly needed to tell him your a first home buyer also your bank or mortgage broker. you want to get straight onto this as i think you only have 30 days

Profile photo of 9356193561
    Participant
    @93561

my solicitor file in the stamp duty for me.

my solicitor wants to charge me 100$+ for filling the forms for the first home buyer grant.

i dont to pay him more. so decided to do it myself.

Profile photo of imugliimugli
    @imugli
    keiko wrote:
    I would definitly never use that solicitor again, sometimes it pays to pay extra for a top solicitor and then you get a top job.

Couldn't agree more.

I pay my solicitors top dollar and they are worth every cent. They are there every step of the way and do an excellent job.

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.