All Topics / General Property / Should I get Pest Inspection done?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of NonnieENonnieE
    @nonniee

I would apprectiated some advice please.  I am purchasing a 14 month old house.  I am getting a building inspection done, but should I also get a pest inspection or should the house have had termite treatment at time of construction?

Profile photo of CldyCldy
    Participant
    @cldy

A good building inspector can advice you on the need for a pest inspection as they can spot evidence of existing termite damage. HTH!

Profile photo of NonnieENonnieE
    @nonniee

Thanks Cldy, I'll look into that.

Profile photo of Yuppy Hippy 101Yuppy Hippy 101
    @yuppy-hippy-101

Hi NonnieE

Can you find out who built the house?  Ask  the builder if termite protection was done on the development.  Get something in writing.  If it was included, is there a warranty?  Get a copy of the warranty.  I built 4 units one year ago and it was part of the council development approval to have termite protection.

DIYPM

Profile photo of NonnieENonnieE
    @nonniee

Hi DIYPM

Good advice thanks.  Yes I know who built the house, so I will get information from them if I can.  If it has been done I shouldn't need to get a pest inspection should I?

Nonnie

Profile photo of loccolocco
    @locco

If they used a spray protection for treatment, then as soon as the ground around it has been disturbed the treatment protection is void as far as warranty goes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.