All Topics / Help Needed! / What’s the story with Umina????

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of QMQM
    Participant
    @qm

Hello,

What is the story with Umina Beach NSW and surrounding areas? The following points I have found:
    -Geographically it's a beautiful area surrounded by 2 National parks
    -has numerous never-ending glorious surf beaches
    – located close to the Hawkesbury River waterways not to mention Broken Bay itself which joins on to Pittwater – the home to the upmarket "Northern Beaches" (Palm Beach, Avalon etc)
    – next door to exclusive areas of Pearl Beach and Patonga
    – variet of schools and shops in the area
    – has a train line direct to Sydney as well as Newcastle (Woy Woy Station)
    – close to the freeway direct to Sydney (and north)
    – has a ferry operating from Ettalong to Palm Beach and other areas of Pittwater
    – close to CBD of Gosford including hospital
    -proposed commercial ferry from Ettalong to Sydney yet discussions held long term and plans never approved

Yet the area looks run down (esp. Ettalong) and if I could use the word "rough??" Then consider this: 3 km away from Umina, you have Pearl Beach where modest old cottages start in the $800,000 bracket!

Housing is cheap (except Pearl Beach etc of course!) – WHY? – considering all of the above when it is an area relatively close to Sydney? WHY is the area so "neglected" when there is so much potential??

I don't understand it as the area does tick all the right boxes for investment.

Hoping to get some help on figuring this one out…Thanks..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.