All Topics / Legal & Accounting / bird dogging legal options

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of 4141915541419155
    Participant
    @41419155

ok, i'm a student. no money and i am considering turning to bird dogging to get my initial finance to buy my first house. there is one problem though i don't know how to formulate the contract to make sure that i am covered should things go west.

should i have subject to finding a buyer. what other things could be put in that. cause i am know that there are things i have missed.

thank you for your help

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Assume you hold the relevant License in your State to perform such activity ?

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

Definitely something you need to get solid legal advice on.

I am a lawyer myself and I would never draw up my own contract.  Or set up my own trusts and companies for that matter.  Or do my own conveyancing.

That's what lawyers are for.  I am continually astonished at the amount of people who try to do their own legal documents and just about always come a cropper.

Go see a lawyer.

Cheers

K

Profile photo of 4141915541419155
    Participant
    @41419155

thank you. i have my real estate sales person certificate. it is a Queensland certificate. i was wondering if i had to get the NSW certificate if i am intending to sell on properties from NSW?

thank you

Participant
    @qlds007

You arent allowed to sell property in NSW without being Licensed in that State.

Profile photo of 4141915541419155
    Participant
    @41419155

ok but seeming as i am doing it privately, does that mean i still need to get the NSW license? is it illegal to bird dog if you are not a qualified agent?

thank you for your help

Participant
    @qlds007

Yes it is most certain illegal to provide a buyers agents service and charge a fee if you are not licensed in the particular State.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.