All Topics / General Property / Property Investing Research – Lets compare notes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of sulosulo
    @sulo

On average I probably view, 1000’s of properties, inspect a 10 – 50 and put offers on a handful before I secure a deal.

The primary websites that I use are:

Obviously, I set up email alerts and use filters to narrow my targeted areas.

On top of the above methods, I also:

• Review News Papers
    • Maintain a good relationship with couple of the agents in the area and;
    • drive/walk my target area on regular basis.

I would like to start a forum thread that will share your insight into see what methods you use and how you go about doing your research securing your next IP? Are there any other worth while website? 

Profile photo of SHalesSHales
    @shales

I think you've got it pretty well covered.  I like the paper the best cause in my market it is the primary marketing tool for property, and I really enjoy reading through it on a Saturday morning.  Or I did, have to say I'm getting a little sick of waiting and waiting for what I think will happen in the market.  I find the websites to be a fair waste of time, personally, but occassionally run a few searches, just to see what I come up with in a specific price bracket or area or configuration. There is always realcommercial.com if you are interested in commercial real estate, of course.
    S

Profile photo of LightyrsLightyrs
    @lightyrs

Demographic sites and I try to get an idea of construction that is in the pipeline for the area. As well of course the internet. I find it a good starting point. 

I have yet to purcahse one of the books that lets you know previous sales, and Market and postcode overviews. Has anyone purchaced one of these books and was it a helpful tool?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.