All Topics / Commercial Property / Marina Berths??

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of oneiriceroneiricer
    @oneiricer

Hi Guys,

I'm just doing my due diligence on marina berths and am wondering whether anyone here has considered a Marina Berth as an investment? From what I know there are significant tax advantanges but funding is a problem. Can anyone share their experience/knowledge?

thank you so much!

Oneiricer

Profile photo of BuilderBobBuilderBob
    Participant
    @builderbob

I considered it some years ago at the new Mackay Marina , followed by Airlie Beach Abel point.
    I never followed through with it but was kicking myself a few years later over not taking up on the Mackay virtual give away at the time.
    The figures looked right at the time but I was just not sure about the industry enough to take the gamble.

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Hello,

My accountant just bought a birth in Hope Island with a 6% 2 year rental guarantee and it's freehold … Many aren't  like Sanctuary Cove …

D

Profile photo of SingerSinger
    @singer

Following the rules of investing in things you understand, the pro fishermen in my family have been investing in marina berths for years.    Mainly Port Lincoln and Glenelg, SA, and some place in QLD.      They only ever plunk down abalones, I mean, cash,  and the  capital growth has been quite extraordinary.     I can ask their opinions on the current market if you like – there may be a softening in the market aligned with the upscale boat sale market.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.