All Topics / Help Needed! / Selling yourself vs via real estate agent

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of blazeblaze
    Participant
    @blaze

Hi,

I am not busy at the moment and thinking to sell one of my property. Never sold any before so this would be 1st experience. Found out the cost of using a real estate agent is about 10K all inclusive.

I was wondering what are the benefit of using a RE agent. can i just do it myself? Like post the ads on websites, newspaper. Get the section 32 ready from a solicitor. what things to consider in selling urself as to RE agent?

Thanks,

blaze

Profile photo of IP FreelyIP Freely
    @ip-freely

Marketing expertise, contact list of qualified buyers, up-to-date knowledge of market movements, background in sales, expertise in negotiation etc.

These are only a few things to be considered when marketing the property yourself and comparing yourself to an agent.

It may save you the commission costs however pricing the property incorrectly will cost you $$$ either too high to attract enquiries or too low achieving a very quick sale at below market value.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.