All Topics / Help Needed! / What to do – Career Changing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of blazeblaze
    Participant
    @blaze

Hi,

Recently the company I used to work for has closed down. That basically resulted me unemployed. I had a pretty good salary there, about 100K package. I would say the market for my skill and experience today would be 70K – 80K. I have been looking for a new job within the field of my specialty, IT and they are basically offering me 50 – 70K. Nothing has been successful so far. I think they might hesitant to employ someone whose previous job's salary was far higher than their current offers. Nevertheless, I have come to a point where I am thinking to move to real estate industry as a whole.

Up to a month ago I was basically working full time in IT and doing property investing in my spare time. Basically just buy properties, rent them out, pay minimum repayment and sell it on a good profit. I managed to purchase 3 apartments in Jan, March and June 2008. As you can see I am still new in this, however I have found the passion has overwhelmed what I used to have for IT.

The plan was to keep on buying until I cant get anymore loan, which not necessary going to happen. Due to GFC I move more conservative than the original plan, that is why I wasnt buying anymore up to June 08.

Right now I have some money saved and those 3 properties are slightly CF+ due to interest rate drop where I was initially on 9% and now are on 5%. But I still eating off my saving for daily needs.

Now the advise I am looking for here is as if I want to start in real estate industry, where do I start? Do I find work in one of those real estate agency? And what sort of salary are on those position? Do I need any qualification? Or what would you do if you were in my position?

Thanks,

blaze

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Are you prepared to travel a lot. You may be required to go to interstate seminars. I once saw a job advertisement for real estate agents that would train me but when I spoke to them they told me about having to travel to seminars and I had a young family so it did not suit me.
     If I was you I would start by walking into a real estate agents office and say to them this " I am interested in finding out about your business?"
    and they will most likely respond with
    " Why do you want to know about my business"
    then you say
    "Because I am really interested in Real Estate and am considering changing careers to be a real estate agent and want to know how to get started and what is required."

Think of what questions you want to ask prior and ask them try not to tell them about yourself unless asked. You want them to be excited to tell you about their business. This is the art of selling.

check out this web site
    http://www.pittard.com.au/careers.php

Good luck with your endeavours Blaze hope this helps you

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.