All Topics / Help Needed! / Adayoun Capital Markets – Barry Pickering

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of dismagdismag
    @dismag

Went to a seminar recently and wondering if anyone can offer any advice in regards to the company or CEO?  Close to signing documents investing in our first investment property in Queensland.  Look forward to receiving any comment.

DISMAG

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Do not know about the company
    but
    Do not sign anything until you have an independent solicitor look over the contract.
     If you sign before this step your solicitor is not much use to you

Also.

Get an independent valuation so you know the property is selling at market value or below.

Do not rely on a solicitor or valuation provide by

Adayoun Capital Markets

Get an independent solicitor and valuation.

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

what kind of funny name is that? 'Adayoun' :)?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Do your own research into the area which you intend investing – beware of 2 tier marketing.

Profile photo of dismagdismag
    @dismag

A little more info in regards to Barry.  He was the owner and CEO of Onsite Direct.  Has anyone had any dealings with him and the company.  Could he be trusted?

Profile photo of beau66beau66
    Participant
    @beau66

Adayoun Capital Markets & Barry Pickering

For some years now I have been a keen observer of this and Jan Sommer’s site, I find it a great learning tool but working on computers all day at work have never got involved. After reading some posts seeking information on Barry Pickering yesterday I thought it was time to tell my story. I first met Barry and his wife Julie at one of the property expo’s in Sydney in 2002. His company Onsite Direct had a stand and he stood and talked through my potential first property investment with me for about ½ an hour. I stayed in touch and about 3 months later visited him in his office in Surfers Paradise, he reworked my finances to as he described it build the correct foundation, then assisted me to find a property. Over the last 7 years I have got to know Barry extremely well and in my current portfolio of 10, 7 were purchased and financed through his company. The properties I purchased through him have far out performed the 3 I purchased under my own steam from both a capital growth and rent return perspective. I know he sold Onsite Direct Group in January 2008 to a public Company and semi retired to Darwin, if I ring his mobile he answers and will talk through anything I’m thinking of doing, his opinions are logical and many cases experience based, after all he has over 70 properties in his own portfolio. A great example of this was in 2005, I rang him  for his opinion on a investment option I had sitting in front of me signed and ready to return to the investment adviser, a unit off the plan in Port Melbourne and a $200,000 equity release into Mary Street No 1 fund returning 15%. Barry explained how Mezzanine funding worked and that it was high risk related, he explained that his research into Westpoint was not good and he held grave concerns for how they operated, he talked me out of it, the rest is history shortly after they collapsed and I still had my $200,000 and deposit on the unit.

I guess that gave me 200,000 reasons plus to join and tell my story.

I didn’t know he was coaching in Darwin until I read this, he is the Kevin Sheedy or Wayne Bennett of property coaches.

I hope this helps you with your interest in Barry

Profile photo of joe bloggsjoe bloggs
    @joe-bloggs

once you go to the seminar, you get sucked in about all the hype of buying property and how cheap it is, then you sign the forms they shove under your nose to go to the next step then they arrange for you to come into their place, then they pamper you with all the stories under the sun and tell you how good you are and that you have so much money to invest into the market.  T

Then they sign you up to  buy a place and explain to you that you need to do it asap or you will loose your palce in the market.  Honestly, what these guys tell you and what happens is another thing.  I went ito it and they cost me an arm and a leg and didnt do what I wanted them to do, and 7 months down the track the place I was tricked into buying didnt even conform to the correct council approval.  So be aware if your going to be involved in this venture.  my advice is keep your options open.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.