All Topics / Help Needed! / Help Needed~ Should i buy apartment if you know that your neighbouring suburb is going to have a huge development on apartments

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of kerumaikerumai
    @kerumai

Hi all,

I am looking for an investment property around broadway in NSW.
    I heard there will be a new development with  235,000 sqm of residential, commercial and retail space. Around 1600 residential apartments may be built on the site, delivered over 3 – 8 years.

i am not sure if i should buy since there might be an over supply?

any suggestions would be appreciated!

Michael

Profile photo of ScampScamp
    @scamp

Broadway ?… haha
    Are you smoking weed or something ?

Investing there is like giving your money to your wife and letting her go shopping : Ie it's a big, black hole.

ie : NO… you should not invest at all and ESPECIALLY not in dodgy area's like 'Broadway NSW'.

tip for free: When people use names like 'broadway' and they are located in the middle of NOWHERE, your alarm lights should go off.

Stay away from that place.

Profile photo of kerumaikerumai
    @kerumai

i see~~

how about inner sydney city?
    the rental returns are not bad for some apartments~

Is it better to buy apartment or house at this time?
    invest for rentals or capital gain?

Profile photo of IP FreelyIP Freely
    @ip-freely

K, you are probably thinking of the redevelopment of the Kent Brewery site (the biggest redevelopment site located within 10km of the CBD). This is going to be a major transformation of the southern extremity of the city (or Central Station area).

The area is going to undergo major changes with major investment earmarked by UTS, also located close to Sydney TAFE, Sydney Uni (so huge shortage of affordable student accommodation – read opportunity for the right $$). There is excellent rail, light rail, bus and road infrastructure in existence, mooted Metro station to be integrated into Central as well.

The existing Broadway Shopping Centre/Cinemas has undergone some refurbishment/tenancy remix (ie full blown supermarket is within walking distance). Also close to Chinatown and Darling Harbour.

You will need to make your own assessment of demographics, demand, supply, lead time and the eventual effect of a new retail, commercial and residential hub in close proximity to your identified investment.

PS Scamp – what do you think of areas like Darlington, Golden Grove, Westgate or Forest Lodge?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.