All Topics / Value Adding / What’s the best Curtains/blinds for a rental property

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of young investor01young investor01
    @young-investor01

Hi guys i guess the subject says it all what curtains/blinds are best for a rental property in regards to:

Initial cost, durability and replacement cost pros and cons etc. Thanks for any advice!

Cheers

Profile photo of WJ HookerWJ Hooker
    Participant
    @wj-hooker

young investor01
                                  I was told by one of my rental agencies that blinds are the best for rentals, they are cheap, block out light etc and easy to fit and replace. Verticals are very pretty etc but I am continually paying for repairs as they are always breaking.
                                  This is for a cheaper rental place, for more expensive rentals I still put up verticals.

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

I have just used cheap roman blinds.  They are very inexpensive, easy to put up, look quite modern and if worse, comes to worse, easy to replace.

Cheers

K

Profile photo of young investor01young investor01
    @young-investor01

great thanks for all the info guys !

Profile photo of perpetratorperpetrator
    @perpetrator

It depends on where the property is and therefore the type of tenants you have in your property. I would recommend, however, if you are going to use vertical blinds to get the ones that have sewn in weights at the bottom and no 'chains'  linking each one. We have these in a couple of our properties, they look good, are easy to clean and the tenants/kids/pets cant break or loose the 'chains'. If you stick to basic colour and design it will always be easier to match and replace.

Profile photo of islandgirlislandgirl
    @islandgirl

I think definately Roman blinds are the way to go. Can't be as easily destroyed by animals as curtains and they are a cheaper modern looking alternative

Profile photo of brownbearbrownbear
    Participant
    @brownbear

If you are wanting to attract a younger professionals I have used curtains, with backing for light. I have sourced some from Freedom which were cheap/funky and very 'in'.  A lot of younger prfessionals hate the old verticals etc…… romans are ok too however I have had trouble with soiling in the past. Look at the interior mags and you will see curtains used extensively now.  Best thing is that if you shop around for the runner bars/ends etc it can save you heaps of expense.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.