All Topics / Finance / SMSF lending and strategy

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of PursefattenerPursefattener
    @pursefattener

I have a business that I'm planning to sell in the future . Perhaps a year or two away ….

At the moment I have no investments in superannuation at all but several propertys in my family (discretionary) trust .

I had a good talk over with my accountant recently about how much tax I will be up for with a sale of the business . Expect to sell for about 3.5 mil . Net about 2.5mil . I'm 42

Running my own SMSF looks like the way I will go . Been reading a book by Melvin and Chan about how to buy property with your super money . ( got it from the library , not going to pay silly prices for their books )

Still trying to really understand how installment warrants work and possibilities of doing a joint venture alongside my super money . Sounds quite complicated but sounds like a good strategy . I understand this is a relativley new area of financing and higher rates etc apply .

Qld007 , you have made some great posts on here about SMSF lending . I wonder if you could run up some numbers to show how someone running their own fund can structure an instalment warrant lend in a joint venture arrangement with themselves . Is it even a good idea to consider this ?

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

I'll be really interested to hear Richards comments on the JV idea, sounds messy to me. You can borrow in you SMSF through a "Bare Trust" structure and i would think it is better to keep you super assets seperate from personal assets.

Regards
    Alistair

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.