All Topics / Help Needed! / WANTED: Horror Property Investment stories (true ones) for a Property magazine column

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of parrienparrien
    @parrien

I am a property investor magazine columnist who is looking for true horror stories from people who have invested or tried investing in property. You can write to me anonymously or use your true name, but you must give a return email address so I can verify and check accuracy with you if I use your story.

Please contact me on [email protected]

Please feel free to pass this on to other people and forums and threads, etc….

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

It's a good idea. Please drop back anytime and let us know the magazine name.

Profile photo of parrienparrien
    @parrien

The magazine is Australian Property Investor magazine, available at newsagencies. My column can be read each month and (usually) offers a humurous slant on property investing.

Thanks, Phoenix Arrien

Profile photo of perpetratorperpetrator
    @perpetrator

Phoenix,

My brother is having a horror story right now! He is a novice property investor and has been sweet talked into buying a house and land package of a property spruiker in WA and it is turning sour. All sorts of problems with the contract, valuations, conduct on behalf of the broker etc. have arisen and now my brother is wishing he had never dipped his toe in the water. Long story short (for now) is the spruiker is using bully tactics to scare my brother and telling him he cant get out of it. His exact words were "tough luck"

Profile photo of harbharb
    @harb
    parrien wrote:
    I am a property investor magazine columnist who is looking for true horror stories from people who have invested or tried investing in property. You can write to me anonymously or use your true name, but you must give a return email address so I can verify and check accuracy with you if I use your story.

Please contact me on [email protected]

Please feel free to pass this on to other people and forums and threads, etc….

Hi,
    Does missing out on buying a property or selling a property only to see that property resell for 50% or more the following year qualify as a horror story ?

You may also want to try the ghpc forum, they should have plenty of horror stories straight from US or UK which could be adapted for local consumption. I've read in there about some property in UK that got resold for 70% less. 

cheers

@parrien

Dear Perpetrator,

Can your brother contact me on [email protected] if he wants to tell me about it for the column. I cannot actually name any agencies, companies or bodies involved, but it feels better to see it out there :-)

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi Parrien,

Do a check of my swimming pool saga and tell me if that qualifies?

You will have to search for post by C2.

@parrien

I am unsure what you mean by C2?

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

Do a search of posts by member posting them in this instance search for posts by C2.

One of them is this thread

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forums/property-investing/general-property/4320150

Profile photo of redleavesredleaves
    @redleaves

sorry to be a stick in the mud, but there's humour and there's over the top. Humour doesn't have to be in every single paragraph.
    The Phoenx Arrien column is just about the only thing I don't enjoy in API.

Profile photo of thebigislethebigisle
    @thebigisle
    Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

CRJ,

That's the thread thanks.

Definitely brings back some memories when I reread it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.