All Topics / General Property / Please put all “world is going to end” posts here

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

I really am getting fed up of seeing just about every single post on here turn into a diatribe on how our greed is going to come back and haunt us and we will all end up homeless, unemployed and poverty stricken.  It seems to happen even on posts that have nothing to do with the current global market.

So, I think that there should be just ONE topic on the financial crisis and how our lives are going to end up solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short.  Put them all here, under this post.

That will then spare the rest of us and we can just get on with reading and replying to on-topic and relevant posts.

If I wanted to read about the demise of mankind I would read Cormac McCarthy.  At least then I would be reading decent grammar and correct punctuation.

K

Profile photo of Dan42Dan42
    @dan42

Bravo.

What annoys me is the condescending nature of the 'world is ending' posters. According to them, they are right and everyone else is an idiot. 

If they have that opinion, fine, but please respect the rights of others to have differing opinions.

Profile photo of freelancefreelance
    @freelance

I thought the real sophisticated investors made more money in a depressed market as panic sets in for others.

I was expecting many on this forum to be excited about new strategies to tackle the current market and would happily share these views and opinions.

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

Hi freelance2020

I would LOVE to hear new strategies about how to tackle the current market.  My problem is that the majority of the doomsayers offer no strategies, only condescending comments about how everyone's property is now worth 10% of what is was 3 years ago and that we are all idiots for wanting to continue investing in property.  I read one comment this morning about how a bank should be sued for lending a young investor $400,000 to buy a property!!  This is not a helpful comment or strategy.  It is just offensive and I am sick of seeing every post turn into a self congratulatory rant.

K

Profile photo of freelancefreelance
    @freelance
    Linar wrote:
    Hi freelance2020

I read one comment this morning about how a bank should be sued for lending a young investor $400,000 to buy a property!!  This is not a helpful comment or strategy.  It is just offensive and I am sick of seeing every post turn into a self congratulatory rant.

K

Haha I just read that post too

I think the current market will show an investors true colours… are they able to stay calm and create innovative strategies, or will the doom sayers continue to breed fear into many young novice investors?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Contrary to all of the doom and gloom – I'll postulate the following scenarios:

If house prices (hence affordability) keep dropping then affordability will increase;
    If rents remain stable/increasing (during a period of house price stability/dropping market) yields are increasing;
    If house prices are dropping combined with drops in rental returns then investors will lose out with decreasing yields and capital losses;
    If house prices are increasing/rents are stable, then yields are decreasing.

At present (at least in the Sydney market), we are seeing the second scenario. It will be when greed for increased yields outstrips availability, prices will rise and yields will drop to levels experienced over recent years. For the yield chasers, go out and buy whilst there is a correction, for renters do likewise as housing affordability increases. When prices continue to drop and renters are leaving the market (demand) then it is time to start worrying. IMHO

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.