All Topics / Value Adding / Picket Fence cost

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of twowheels_001twowheels_001
    @twowheels_001

All,

Re- doing picket fence. This should be value adding even though it's currently an investment property right?

But, how much should I be paying for picket fence? I've been quoted $1600 to supply and install the picket fence of 7m (Single frontage Victorian home), minus painting and letterbox. Is that reasonable?

Does anyone have contacts for picket fence guy in the Moonee Ponds/ North West suburbs area? Thanks, much appreciated.

L

Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

If you want a quality fence that will last then see the guys at Perry Bird Pickets in Brunswick.And remember that you get what you pay for…….

Tools

Profile photo of RenovataRenovata
    @renovata

I am a builder and I would have to say that $1600 sounds about right, but if you are not sure then your best bet is to get a couple of other quotes.

and as Tools said 9 times out of 10 you get what you pay for.

Profile photo of twowheels_001twowheels_001
    @twowheels_001

Thanks guys.

Has anyone use the fencing kit before? apparently, they will come to measure the fence, cut every piece for you, all you have to do is, quote " dig the holes, put cement, install them yourselves".  You can choose different types of picket, and can choose pine to merbau to etc.. Saves on labor cost.

Sounds quite easy, but really???

Profile photo of SAS BuildingSAS Building
    @sas-building

Hi, If its for an investment property an you don’t want any maintenance hassles down the track. i.e painting , rotting etc. I would go for metal / aluminium pickets. They are around $80 per lineal metre, so your 7 metres would be around $600, add $500 for install and your ahead. You could use the remaining $500 to plant a nice thick hedge behind the picket fence !!

Profile photo of perpetratorperpetrator
    @perpetrator
    SAS Building wrote:
    Hi, If its for an investment property an you don't want any maintenance hassles down the track. i.e painting , rotting etc. I would go for metal / aluminium pickets. They are around $80 per lineal metre, so your 7 metres would be around $600, add $500 for install and your ahead. You could use the remaining $500 to plant a nice thick hedge behind the picket fence !!

Agreed. We have done this previously and just as well too. The tenant had a fight with friend/family member/drug dealer and they came around and set his ute on fire parked on the front lawn! Welcome to Logan. Anyway the good old fence was still standing and all it required was a touch of paint.

Profile photo of perpetratorperpetrator
    @perpetrator

Oh, one thing to remember though is that if someone backs into it the fence will bend.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.