All Topics / Opinionated! / Advertising is a “no no”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of tonyy21692tonyy21692
    @tonyy21692

What is the problem with the moderator being heavy handed with advertising?  I did a quick look around the site and don't see any rules, but then again maybe it is an unwritten rule.
    Obviously I don't get it as it seems to be so inconsistantly applied as there are so many people who have been flogging their stuff on this site for years, (they know who they are).
    So whats the heads up?
    Tony

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

The rules were stated when you joined up as a member.

If we allow an inch, people tend to take a mile.

– Steve

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of tonyy21692tonyy21692
    @tonyy21692

I joined 5 1/2 years ago and don't remember the rules but hey I'll take it on what you say.
    I guess some get away with it in a thinly guised veil and others don't – but the message is the same.

Tony  

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

tony,

I think the moderators are more heavy handed with those who join the forum and just start spruiking without giving anything back to the forum.  There are long term members who advertise in their signatures but most of those have contributed in some form to the site and members over the years.  When you get people joining and their first 6-10 posts are only about buying property in Asia or Romania then I for one are happy to see the mods deleting their posts. 

Profile photo of WJ HookerWJ Hooker
    Participant
    @wj-hooker

tony,
    I agree 100% with C2.
    Without the regular posts of the well informed in the industry we wouldn't get such quality posts.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Participant
    @administrator

Advertising in your signature while contributing posts that are on topic and constructive is fine. It does not matter how long you've been here for, but it helps with credibility when determining if the posts are there to serve a purpose or not. For example, leaving a comment such as "Great post" in every thread along with an advertisement in your signature is going to be seen as spam.

If we didn't have these rules then the forum would look like the Yellow Pages. There are exceptions (usually when a service or website being promoted is very relevant to the topic and valuable to other members) but those are judged on a case-by-case basis.

Profile photo of tonyy21692tonyy21692
    @tonyy21692

Rules for some and rules for others…

Tony

BTW I made the comment I joined over 5 and a half years ago purely as I really don't remember the rule that McKnight referred and please don't infer anything other than that.

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Tony,

Rules are for everyone but the interpretation might be different.

Good to see some one from the old days still on the forum.

Was wondering how many long termers are still active?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Pssss Anyone wanna buy a cheap unit in Bulgaria.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Michael 888Michael 888
    Participant
    @michael-888

I'll option a whole aprtment block in a resort town for one dollar please Mr. Richard sir. Could you please arrange funding for the option fee?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.