All Topics / Help Needed! / Starting out – first IP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of oneiriceroneiricer
    @oneiricer

Hi Guys,

Im doing some prelimarny research and was hoping to be able to get some help for fairly general questions. I've requested for a 'cash flow analsis' software from cameron bird company which has been helpful, and just analysing some aspects of it

Depreciation claim – How much can you claim on a new house $280,000 on the first year? Generally, how do people calculate this? How much it costs to engage an 'expert'?

Loan Interest rate – to fix the rate now for a year, i checked several of the big banks. this rate was 5.6% for 1 year. Sounds pretty good, havn't looked into too much of the costs and charges.

Stamp Duty – How to calculate this? Is it a straight % of the purchase price? (280,000?)

Insurnace – How much roughly? Is landlord's insurance fairly standard (e.g. like car insurance?) The annual figure im getting is 310 – 400.

Thanks guys,

Ken

Profile photo of Property ReturnsProperty Returns
    @property-returns

Ken,

Visit http://www.propertyreturns.com.au   there is a special at the moment $299 fully inspected also there are many helpful articles located here http://www.propertyreturns.com.au/TalksPresentations.html which will add to your knowlege base.

Liam

Profile photo of Dan42Dan42
    @dan42

Depreciation – It depends on the cost of construction, how old the building is and what can be depreciated inside the building (stove, air conditioner etc). You can get a decent report done for $400 – $500

Stamp Duty – Different states have different formula for calulating S/D. In SA the govt has a stamp duty calculator on one of its websites, I'm sure it would be similar in other states.

Dan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.