All Topics / Opinionated! / SCAMS – CONSUMER SCAMS you should know about

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of SCAM WATCHSCAM WATCH
    @scam-watch

This forum topic is designed to better inform users of investment and other types of consumer and business scams.

Should you have personally dealt with, know information or other people who may be able to assist in providing evidence that can successfully lead to the prosecution of such rogues, please PM us so we can forward the information to the relevant authorities.

Profile photo of Michael 888Michael 888
    Participant
    @michael-888

Nice intent, however may I respectfully ask, why the secrecy to inform by PM. Should this information not be shared on the forum for the immediate benefit of all?

Profile photo of SCAM WATCHSCAM WATCH
    @scam-watch

I refer to a recent customer email communication with a business called http://www.1personhomebusiness.com

DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE – IT IS A SCAM

The company advertisers VIA 'HAND WRITTEN NOTES' left on Back Packer public noticeboards within the Cairns CBD drawing attention to their website http://www.1personhomebusiness.com.

Upon further investigation of the business, it was found that the listed business address was not actually the real business address. The business is knowingly advertising incorrect and misleading address details to the public.

In addition to this I draw your attention to the below email communications which should be used as an indication of the businesses attitude towards it's customers. It was a very negative experience indeed. If this is their attitude prior to making a sale can you imagine what they would be like once they have your money?

EMAIL CONTENT

Initial communication from client: – Was to politely assess whether the business was in actual fact legitimate and not an internet based scam. A reasonable thing to ascertain from any prospective customer.

DAVID DOULTON from http://www.1personhomebusiness.com RESPONSE

Hi David sorry for the delay but due to the negative nature of your email it was put on the bottom of the list. I had a
    well earned break over Xmas/Newyear and am now back on deck. I am not going to waste a lot of time with you David as
    (with respect) I think you would be more suited to joining the Police Force and becoming a detective as opposed to
    considering your own business. If you go to the website http://www.1personhomebusiness.com you will observe that you can
    have a 90-Day "Try Before You Buy" for the paltry sum of just fifty bux. If you are not prepared to roll the dice on
    that David then I am not going to waste time with you …as simple as that. I did not set out to offend you and I hope I
    didn't. But mate bottom line is that you are obviously not set out to be a business man and own your own business. All
    businesses has a risk factor involved. Your risk factor in this case is a fifty bux and if you are not prepared to roll
    the dice on that you have buckleys chance of ever succeeding in your own business. So with a recession on the Police
    Force could well be a good direction for you to head and if that is not to your liking I believe they are now recruiting
    for the Army – that way you might get to fire some shots at the enemy and not at me. Good bye and good luck with
    whatever you do in 2009. Cheers David Doulton

POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS REPLY

Dear Mr David Doulton

Very funny response indeed. You have certainly shown your true colors and un-professionalism very quickly.

Your comments about the military and business people are also as equally humorous.

I in fact served in the Australian Defense Forces to help provide the very freedoms that you take for granted. Perhaps when you've fought in a war zone and seen body parts get blown up and thrown around son, you might be in a better position to quote what type of people you 'think' are suitable for that role.

And with respect to being business person I am actually the Managing Director of two investment corporations and have been successfully since 1996. It's through this experience with my own companies, that I have come to learn about dodgy businesses like yours and have become cautious and prudent in my research and background checks.

Hence this is why I posted the original email to you, in the exact tone that I did. Because I was hoping to create an emotional reaction from you, in order to see what sort of response I get to determine your 'attitude' before wasting any more time in looking into your dodgy business venture.

It would appear judging by your response, that I have very efficiently been able to achieve exactly that, as you have clearly demonstrated you are not a person we would like to do business with.

After all anyone that advertises their business by placing hand written notes on a Cairns Back Packers noticeboard and advertises their business address at a location that has no visible signage or evidence of that business even existing at that location is clearly dodgy and we will be forwarding this information to the relevant authorities to let them know.

So with out any furher a do I will leave it there, needless to say you needn't bother responding to this email.

Your energy would be better spent learning customer service, manners and respect for the Australian Defence Forces, Police Force and its members.

PS: I am not your mate!

CONCLUSION

These people are dishonest and extremely un-professional and should not be dealt with. DO NOT GET SCAMMED by these people!

Profile photo of SCAM WATCHSCAM WATCH
    @scam-watch

Hi Michael, sorry if I caused a misunderstanding. There is no secrecy, of course you may post what ever you like here. What I really meant about the PM was for sensitive information that can lead to a successful prosecution, that people may not necessarily feel comfortable about divulging in a public forum. I hope this helps you. Regards Scam Watch.

Michael 888 wrote:
    Nice intent, however may I respectfully ask, why the secrecy to inform by PM. Should this information not be shared on the forum for the immediate benefit of all?
    Profile photo of Michael 888Michael 888
    Participant
    @michael-888

Yep, nice rapport (not) from Mr. David Doulton.

Thanks for sharing on the board for all to see

Caveat Emptor

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

This all looks very sus to me.  These sorts of things happen all the time.  Why the need to post on a public forum?  And why, in particular, this one?

With all respect

K

Profile photo of reecoreeco
    @reeco

gumtree

Its crawling with scammers. CRAWLING! They are literally woven into the sites fabric. Not there fault but definitely there problem.
    Its a fantastic site but you have to have your wits about you when your dealing with money. They(scammers) get really creative in there scams. Basically you should never pay for anything through western union.

Seems obvious. but not really when you see how they unfold

Anything that involves paying through western union is 99% a scam.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Yes got to watch these scams.

Anyway have to go as I have just heard that i have won the Irish Lottery and need to send them an email with my Bank Acocunt details to they can deposit the funds directly.

Very friendly customer service. And the best part is i was drawn out at random and didnt even have to buy a ticket.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Lmao.

I understand for privacy when disclosing this sort of information because of how the public perceive it as sue-able on the good names of the pixels that scam these unwary. I will PM you the details if you think you can do something with it. 

I've been past my time dealing with it now but i know this person is slowly hanging themselves with other dealings i have seen come to the table via other people that have approached me out of the blue to rave on about how the vary same happened to me! 

I had to laugh when some travellers i would get to know along the track would take me in to the nearest Internet cafe and i would have to try explain to them that no you have not won 30 million and do not give your account details.  

Profile photo of AndrewBuysHousesAndrewBuysHouses
    Participant
    @andrewbuyshouses

Ahhh, that's great.

To be honest, I used to have a lot of fun with fake girls on the internet who told me I was the love of their life, and they were from Russia and just looking for someone like me so they could move to nice country and have better life (sic).

I used to let them think they had me hook line and sinker, and kept telling them I was sending them money and I could never understand why it didn't arrive.

Can't do that these days though – my fiance saw me starting one and decided I was cheating on her! lol

Andrew

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.