All Topics / Value Adding / Can you re-surface a bath yourself?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of rudo1phrudo1ph
    Participant
    @rudo1ph

Hi Everyone

We are currently renovating and looking at how to best renovate our bathroom.  We need a new vanity unit and tiles but the shower is almost brand new and so can be re-used.

My question is about the bath.  The bath is very scratched and needs replacing…….but I was wondering whether there is such a thing as a DIY resurfacing product.  If there is – is it any good and what is the cost vs a new bath?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Rudi
    x

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

White Knight used to have a paint for this purpose otherwise there are some companies which respray insitu.

Profile photo of rudo1phrudo1ph
    Participant
    @rudo1ph

Thanks for that…..went onto the White Knight website and found the product you mentioned…… "WHITE KNIGHT TUB ‘n‘ TILE EPOXY ENAMEL refinishes bath tubs, wash basins, laundry tubs, porcelain and metal surfaces with gleaming new colour. Transforms unsightly surfaces to a brilliant tile-like finish." Sounds perfect!!

Has anyone used this?  Is it any good and does it stand the test of time?  What happens when someone cleans the bath – I know I have sometimes used the soft scourers to clean a bath, would it stand up to this kind of cleaning?

Thanks again

Rudi

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

its crap. because its painted on the finish is poor. when sprayed on (by a pro) the finish is great, but the cost is high. a new bath is often the best fix.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.