All Topics / Help Needed! / to buy or not to buy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of ettyetty
    @etty

I am considering purchasing a property 8km from perth cbd 764sqm block 3 x1 1950's house  which i can easily convert to a 5×1 giving me a 6k positive cash flow after all expenses. I would be looking at a long term investment.
    I am a little concerned about prices dropping in the future which makes me hesitate to buy now but to  wait  6 to 12 months but this does seem to be a unique opportunity
      what do you think
    thanks for you comments
    etty elf

Profile photo of Playa ChickenPlaya Chicken
    @playa-chicken

$6,000 +CF doesn't seem like very much for all the effort required to:
    1. convert the property from 3 flats to 5 flats and
    2. manage 5 different single tenants randomly leaving at their whim

What type of tenant are you going to attract to a 1-bed flat?  My experience would put money on the tenant pool not being of the highest calibre!! 

How readily available are these tenants wanting to live in a 1-bedroom flat in a big converted house?

Surely that investment money could be better utilized purchasing a couple of nice single 3-bedroom family homes which will:
    1. be easier to sell when you want out
    2. be way easier to tenant today, with a larger pool of people looking for such homes (1-beders are never the highest demand property anywhere)
    3. have less damage due to a higher calibre of tenant

….you get my drift!!

Vicky

Profile photo of ettyetty
    @etty

The property is a shared house (not single bed flats) near a university so good tenant's are easy to come by and the conversion will only cost $200 as I  can do the labour for free. I want to stay in Perth as then I can do any property management  and maintenance to keep holding costs down (you don't get 3×1 for the price you- suggest in this area ) . I noticed your link takes me to nz  but a 6% drop in house prices and a recession doesn't sound like a good place to invest to me but thanks for your comment

Profile photo of VPVP
    @vp

Hi Etty

Where is the property, is it in Bentley?

Is there an option to build another house in the backyard given the block is reasonably big?

6K +ve cash sound good to me

Vidy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.