All Topics / Value Adding / Splitting the Bathroom into Bathroom and Ensuite…?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of dave5dave5
    @dave5

Hi,

I have just recently purchased my first home.

I just wanted to ask you guys what you think about this idea (For way down the track)

The house is currently a 3 bedder, 1 bathroom (two way), 1 garage and 1 carport in front of garage on 700m2 of Land.

The bathroom, is currently 3m (width) x 2.4m (length) and is two way off the main and the hallway. The toilet is seperate with its own room. THe Laundry is 2m (width) x 3m (length) with the hot water system in it.

The bathroom should be 3m x 3m, but there is a linen wardrobe that has taken up the 0.6m.

I just wanted to ask what you guys thought of this idea and if it may be worth it to me.

*Move the Hot Water System from the Laundry to outside the house.
    *Flatpack the Laundry (or a cheap option of putting in cupboards etc), so i could use the Laundry as a linen area as well.
    *Take out the linen cupboard and put the wall back in for bathroom to be 3m x 3m
    *Split the Bathroom into both a normal Bathroom and an Ensuite for the main. (Shower, Sink, and Toilet for Ensuite)

I am not sure how much any of this would cost, but i am definately going to do the first two things, just havent decided about the bottom two.

I thought that if i could change my house from a 3 Bed, 1 Bath to a 3 Bed, 2 Bath that it would help the valuation…I am just not sure if either will be too small or if it will be too much cost. I have already cleaned up the front yard and am working on the back as the previous owner let the place just overgrow into a wild jungle.

I want to try build up the valuation, so i can get into a 2nd property as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
    David

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

Hi David

Ask a local REA whether this would increase the valuation.  Often a two way bathroom can be just about as valuable as a separate ensuite.  I know that is the case in my area.  If you are going to spend $10,000 to only have the house worth another $10,000 then it is not worth it, in my humble opinion.

Cheers

K

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

go for it David

3×3 can be split into 3×1 + 3×2

both will be adequate

it should cost around $4 – $5k and add $10 – $15k

Profile photo of AnaAna
    Participant
    @ana

Hi David,

Have you considered putting the hot water unit outside, washing machine in the cupboard (you already have in the bathroom) and turning the laundry into another bathroom? You would save some costs this way and still accomplish a high return.

Wishing you every success,

Ana
    [email protected]
    http://www.WinningFormulasForSuccess.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.