All Topics / General Property / MERRYLANDS NSW

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of PROPDEVELOPERPROPDEVELOPER
    @propdeveloper

I am looking at building a duplex in merrylands Nsw (South west of Sydney). I have chosen the area for the following reasons:

Stockland have just expanded there shopping centre 2 minutes away, there is a train station 5 mins away, A major hospital 5 mins away, average house prices 360k well below sydney averages, Parramatta CBD is 5 mins away, large ethnic migration area . Surely this area is ready for large capital growth in the future

Profile photo of IP FreelyIP Freely
    @ip-freely

Review the sales data in the area – Western Sydney has taken a major knock over the past 12 months however will be slow to bounce back (ie when it comes to selling the development). Make sure that you know what the end market value is and don't pay too much for the site or over capitalise.

People in this area aren't looking for high end property so make sure that you build for the market (ie use a project home builder/ or standard design).

Profile photo of toni89toni89
    @toni89

If you are thinking of building in Merrylands, use someone to draw your plans who regularly deals with this coucil. They are one of the most difficult councils to deal with. Just ask any large project home builder.

Profile photo of toni89toni89
    @toni89

BTW, its Holroyd Council

Profile photo of Chief WigamChief Wigam
    Participant
    @chief-wigam

Hey Propdeveloper, did you end up proceeding with the development?

Curious,
    Wigam

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.