All Topics / Value Adding / RENDOR DULUX FULL COVER TEXTURE

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

Hi has anyone used Dulux full cover texture its suppose to look like rendor once applied on the block wall.
    Is this true, Have you used it and does it look like a proffesional rendor job.
    Is it easy to do and what sought of time does it take per sqm

Profile photo of letlet
    Participant
    @let

Hi kiko, I have used this product and find it easy to use after a little practice. If you are not patient it may not be for you as a bit of time is needed to get a nice finish when your learning. It does look like a pro job when done, can be coloured, the dulux products (available to us) need to be sealed after application and is pretty expensive. I prefer to apply with a paint roller but thats just me, long, steady and slow will give you the best result. I have also found that to get a nice finish you have to use more than recomended, depending on the surface your going over. You could also try arcyclad acrylic render that you mix youself (we get this off our gyprock supplier), it takes a little longer and will also need to be painted over (as cant be coloured) but covers twice as much area for less than half the cost, we pay $16 per bag. This is the method that we use now and probably wont go back to the expensive stuff. Hope this helps,
    let.

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

Thanks I think i will get a renderor in this time because ive got to cover 250 sqm. but iam deffinitly going to try doing it on a smaller job

Profile photo of trigger22trigger22
    @trigger22

i have use this product, but due to the morta bing so deep it used way to much, so i mixed up a slopy mix of brickys mud and used a trowel to put it on, then mad an even slopyer mix and used a broom to finish it off. then once it had all dried then used the dulux full texture paint.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.