All Topics / Help Needed! / Help need a Builder who is up front with costs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of shymershymer
    @shymer

Can anyone tell me, who a good builder in Sydney would be. I particularly need one who will be upfront with all costs. I had a bad experience in SA where a house I was quoted 199k for ended dup costing 270K with no painting, no carpets no heating.  Also can anyone tell me what their experience has been as far as the time frame it took to build. Some builders are saying 4month to get DA approved and 6 month to build. Does this reflect what actually happens.

Thanks
    shymer

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

It all depends upon who is building ie if it is a project home in an estate timeframe for DA & construction may be shorter, project home on your land or one-off timeframe is very dependent upon the council and the quality of plans presented (some councils even require impact statements, traffic studies etc).

As for inclusions or more importantly exclusions – these vary widely between builders eg some will include driveways, fences, paths, grass, clothes line, garden taps etc externally but many exclude these items. Others will include carpet or tiles to some areas only (not whole of house), a/c, alarm, auto roller door etc are often 'extras'. You will need to prepare yourself with a whole lot of your requirements ie what do you want in the price, what don't you want included (these are things that you want to do yourself or when the budget allows – front fence, gardens, pool/landscaping, pergola etc).

You could check out Rawson Homes (country based/long established but does its share of Sydney work).

Profile photo of roba72roba72
    Participant
    @roba72

Hi shymer

Im a builder in sydney. I know its hard picking a builder. I have found most builders scope of works dont specify whats included and whats not. I am based in northern suburbs of sydney and would be happy giving you a price. If your after a cheap home go for a project home builder cant beat them with price if not give me a call Robert 0416155202 hae a look at my website http://www.buildpointnsw.com.au

Good luck

Robert

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.