All Topics / Help Needed! / Buying a house with no RE Agent. Help please!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of WinzerWinzer
    Participant
    @winzer

I found a house I'd like to put an offer on today (Saturday) through a hand written letter I pushed under the door of this un occupied rental. It's very rough around the edges and from the phone conversation with the owner I can pick it up for well below the market value for the area(Bayside Melbourne) as he seems very motivated to sell.
    I've bought a couple of houses already with an agent to handle the purchase each time but need some tips on going it alone today with this one. Is there a contract of sale I can download or copy from somewhere? Who will hold the deposit in this case? Is there anything I should be aware of? I'll be using a conveyancer as will the vendor…..he already has a section 32 prepared during a recent unsuccessful stint with an RE agency

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Your conveyancer should be able to answer all of your questions ie vendor's conveyancer should prepare the sale contract, especially if the vendor has a S32. Ask for the deposit to be put into an interest bearing deposit (needs to be a trust fund).

Profile photo of MisterMister
    @mister

Hi Winzer.

Just do what I've done twice now , believe me it's no big deal if I can do it .
    Advertise yourself , find buyer , do deal , make sure his sure , if alls well deliver to your solic' , go home , solic' does rest .
    Same buying , find house / owner, whatever , make deal , hand over to solic' , they do rest . Your money or properties in mail in no time , hassle free , hopefully anyway.

Personally I've had to be as tight as but I just don't reckon there's enough to save in doing the messy stuff yourself and too much potential for lots of headaches , even solicitors get tried to the max with some properties.

Cheers

Profile photo of WinzerWinzer
    Participant
    @winzer

Thanks Scott and Mister. I made an offer which started low ball and we negotiated from there. Final offer was $20K under what was a good price for me and got my terms and early access after the contract goes unconditional. The next day they changed their minds and yesterday the deal was on again and off again. Contracts are now signed and the deposit is paid…………to an RE agent. Yes they had signed with an agent the day before I found the place on it's last day with the previous agent so now he's getting around $15k for putting a deposit in his trust account and signing a few papers. Due to the slippery nature of the vendor and the many half truths during negotiations I'm using a solicitor rather than a conveyancer on this deal in case I get the run around and it's a good opportunity to get introduce a solicitor to my plans.

Profile photo of MisterMister
    @mister
    Winzer wrote:
    Thanks Scott and Mister. I made an offer which started low ball and we negotiated from there. Final offer was $20K under what was a good price for me and got my terms and early access after the contract goes unconditional. The next day they changed their minds and yesterday the deal was on again and off again. Contracts are now signed and the deposit is paid…………to an RE agent. Yes they had signed with an agent the day before I found the place on it's last day with the previous agent so now he's getting around $15k for putting a deposit in his trust account and signing a few papers. Due to the slippery nature of the vendor and the many half truths during negotiations I'm using a solicitor rather than a conveyancer on this deal in case I get the run around and it's a good opportunity to get introduce a solicitor to my plans.

Youch . 15k for a day , bet that hurt . The RE is 'really ' worth saving on if you can , 1/2 the time that is all they do .

Think you'll be thankful though leaving that one with the solic's by sounds of the seller. He'll probably give em hell along the way but with a bit of luck it'll come through in the end .

Good luck
    Cheers

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

The vendor should have used his cooling off period when signing-on with the agent and recinded the contract since you and he had already negotiated the deal.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.