All Topics / Help Needed! / manage private or though an agent?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of gattaga6gattaga6
    @gattaga6

hello
             i curently manage my house myself.i use to go though agent but the tennet skiped town.now i have a person i know from playing poker living there.i could have got 320.00 but she said she could not afford it so  i put down to 300.00.her lease is up on 16th feb and i can now get 350 to 370.its 4 bed with self contained flat.oh and she asked could her bro live in the flat i said yes,turns out its a friend of a friend hes paying her 140.00 a week.she also gets rent assistance.my question is is it worth all the trouble of managing your self or should i go back to the agent?thanks

Profile photo of baconbacon
    Participant
    @bacon

seems you have more than answered your own question. Go back to an agent my friend!

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

Your not a charity and sounss like she is using the situation to her advantage and Centrelink – not yours. Are you happy with all other aspects: paying on time, keeping the peroperty well maintained?

Profile photo of gattaga6gattaga6
    @gattaga6

hello
             yes she pays the rent sort of she pays monthly but she missed 1 payment and keeps waiting until the next payment and then pays 4 weeks so she s always a week behind.she maintains it well.she likes powerfll showers so i changed the water saver shower to a normal one now the bills are high.she waits till she pays and then winges about stuff like ants in the kitchen.

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

gosh – why bother with it? Ants…. she wouldn't dare go there with a real estate agent! Move her on……..

Profile photo of sienna1sienna1
    @sienna1

put the rent up and she will go.. then get an agent and select your tennant by their  capability to pay and references.

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

The $140 a week for the flat should go in your pocket.

I would begin by having a chat with them and saying that, "this is my investment" and any returns coming from the flat in future I need to collect and or the flat is not allowed be used. Then when they move out rent it separately to someone else.

This would be a good start.  If it is too awkward to ask them because of the circumstances suggest that you might employ the services of a professional property manager and they might suddenly pay the rent up and do as you request. Whatever way you are an investor and deserve to increase the rent.

Will collecting potentially $9880 extra cash per year help your mortgage?
    Currently – $300 x 52 weeks in a year =  $15600 per annum
    You could be getting – $350 for house and $150 for flat  x 52 weeks in a year=  $25480 per annum

Profile photo of gattaga6gattaga6
    @gattaga6

thanks
                    but its not duel tennet the block is 18square meter too small.the reson i can get 350 is because its like a pakage.in saying that the last tennat when i was going though the agent was colecting rent off a guy and not paying the rent himself.he even got bond money off him.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.