All Topics / General Property / Mascot ,is it a good suburb to invest?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of dna4dna4
    @dna4

Hi All, Im new on this forum.

Im looking to invest the unit arround inner Sydney CBD area which closed to the train station or at least public transport.

I'm currently living in eastern suburb so I looking arround and think that Mascot would be a great choice since the apartment I looked today ( MASCOT TOWER ) is brand new unit and located on the top of the train station.

The one we looked out today was on level 2 -with 2 BR plus 1 study ( can be converted to another room if approved by strata ) plus 2.5 bathroom and 2 side by side car park. Asking price is $500k – the unhelpful agent told me there is a little room of negotiation , probably a couple thousands.

Does anyone can give me feedback on this suburb or the apartment itself ?

I have a problem to find out who was the developer of the complex on the net.

ALL your feedback and comment greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Profile photo of dna4dna4
    @dna4

Boom……anyone?

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Is it in a direct flight path of the airport .
    The low flying jumbo jets can be noisy when they are taking off and landing plus the wide body jumbos rattle windows and vibrate walls.
    Haven't purchased their but stayed in someones apartment in Mascot for a couple of days.

Profile photo of dna4dna4
    @dna4

thank for the reply.

I dont think it is in direct flight path of the airport. Went there in the morning arround 10ish , it is not that noisy.

Spoken with the developer today, doesnt seems convincing about the building . Has anyone heard about JOHN ELIAS as the  builder / developer? The dude told me that the developer had been in the industry for nearly 30yrs and he mentioned couple of the development I havent heard in auburn / homebush.

Profile photo of IP FreelyIP Freely
    @ip-freely

Do a search on http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au go to check a licence. If you have his trading name, builders licence etc you will be able to find out whether he has been taken to the tribunal before.

If you look at the street directory and check the position of the runways against the location of the unit it wil give you a rough idea of whether you are close to a flight path (also check air-services australia or google sydney airport flight paths etc).

Direct flight noise isn't the only airport noise – you may get operational noise from the jet test cell (near the qantas base on Joyce Dve).

Profile photo of robynarobyna
    @robyna
    dna4 wrote:
    thank for the reply.

I dont think it is in direct flight path of the airport. Went there in the morning arround 10ish , it is not that noisy.

Spoken with the developer today, doesnt seems convincing about the building . Has anyone heard about JOHN ELIAS as the  builder / developer? The dude told me that the developer had been in the industry for nearly 30yrs and he mentioned couple of the development I havent heard in auburn / homebush.

Two reasons why you didn't notice aircraft noise:
    1. The building you are looking at is close to the North-South runway. Planes may have been taking off to the south that morning.
    2. The East-West runway passes over between Mascot and Botany. This runway is temporarily closed for 12-18months with work in progress – so less noise in the area than usual.

Hope this helps!

Profile photo of tt23tt23
    Participant
    @tt23

not sure if its too late, but stay away from mascot towers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.