All Topics / Help Needed! / Few questions about subdivision

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of jezza1jezza1
    @jezza1

i was just curious to know if there was any information available on the net to find out what suburbs in WA are zoned as?
    Like i found out the traditional way for some suburbs by ringing/emailing the local councils.. but was just wondering if theres anything published that displays current zones and/or future proposed zone changes?

Also,

I have been looking at a place in Perth to buy / subdivide / build / sell. Its a potential Triplex block and it comes with plans for 3 '3×2' townhouses to be built on it using a common driveway.

I was going to buy the block (it has a run down little old cottage on it) as my PPOR because i was thinking if i live in it, and any capital i create from subdividing and building on it in say a years time wont be taxed.. am i correct?

The idea is to keep it for a year or so, claim the FHOG, save money for the subdivision costs, set up a couple of investors to help fund the project with good returns, sell 2 of the townhouses returning investors money and keep 1 townhouse for myself and hopefully gain $200-$300k equity from the project, thus creating a positive geared property.

Now all this is just a draft on paper, but if someone here has knowledge and experience with subdividing and building and doesn't mind having a chat or sending back and forth a few emails could you please reply to this thread!

I just really would like to clear a few things up on building costs and everything associated, subdivision issues and tax implications.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jeremy.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Try the council website – In NSW many councils have their LEP's, zoning maps and any draft LEP on display. Google the LGA and draft LEP may also give you some results, contact the council town planner.

Profile photo of jezza1jezza1
    @jezza1

Just got a voice message from the Real Estate agent and he told me the plans have been approved by the council to build.. does that mean its all been approved of is that just the start of the process….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.