All Topics / Help Needed! / SE QLD & SA investing?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of jdavisjdavis
    @jdavis

Hi everyone,
    With a couple of investment properties under my belt, I'm now looking to buy a 3rd (& maybe a 4th!) in either SE QLD – Beenleigh or Loganlea – or Christies Beach in SA. I would love some advice or guidance from other property investors out there. Do you think I've missed the boat in these areas or do you think they still have room to grow?
    Thanks!
    Jacqui.

Profile photo of Event HorizonEvent Horizon
    @event-horizon

dont know for sure as havent dont the RD DD on the details of these areas, but generally these areas still get good press and are worth a look. The gold coast brisbane corridor in particular is always going to be realitively safe steady bet, long term.

Profile photo of Easy Beach ShowerEasy Beach Shower
    @easy-beach-shower

I have lived and invested in this area over the past 10 years.

Loganlea & beenleigh have had major road and infrastructure projects and have had some mad results.

There are some surrounding close areas which will mean you have to adjust your strategy.

Loganlea is on south side of rail tracks with old houses at one stage were half price of Meadowbrook (years ago).

Meadowbrook is on north side of rail line. the area has a local bus and train service to Gold Coast & Brisbane.

Meadowbrook has a Griffith Uni, Logan golf course (green grass sometimes) train station, major shopping centre within 3 klms, local shops within 1 klm and both suburbs have 2 major freeways within 5klms radius with access to any direction to other cities.

A newer estate at the Uni has had 6 stages developed from 02 – 05 and if you pay attention you can locate mortgage stress in this estate.

Some people move from Woodridge (rough area) and upgrade and sometimes the responsibility of a larger mortgage has meant some returned to old neighbourhood. relationship breakdowns, investor bail out etc is within these 6 stage village. In stage one near uni and small lake there are nicer homes & stage 2 & 3. stage 4 – 6 have smaller rental properties and some are directly under a major power line.

Parks are nearby. MCdonalds, gas station and pub etc. Basically Loganlea & Meadowbrook have just about everything within a few klm’s.

Do your homework and look for patterns. Oh there is also the LOGAN city hospital in the centre of all this… Check out Google maps…. Meadowbrook / Loganlea / Beenleigh / Daisy Hill / Springwood / Loganholme

Light commercial is being improved in this area and a site for possible new shopping centre is next door to pub and McDonalds.

MMMMmmm cannot think of more at this point.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Jacqui

Havent got any properties of my own in Beenleigh / Eagleby but am certainly financing some good deals for investors down their at the moment.

Have a good agent contact who works at a small boutique agency in Beenleigh and he comes up with some good deals.
    Let me now if you want his contact details.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of jdavisjdavis
    @jdavis

Thank you so much for your advice William. I have been keeping my eye on Loganlea because of the uni and hospital, so will continue to do so. Meadowbrook hasn't been on my radar so I'll definitely look into it, as well as the other suburbs you mention.

Richard, I would appreciate the details of your contact in Beenleigh. I have spoken to a few agents in the area but none of them have overly impressed me. It's hard to find good help these days ha ha!

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Sorry to take a while to come back to you but try Anthony Heslop as an Agent down in the Beenleigh / Eagleby area.

Anthony's mobile number is 0407 594 168.

Tell him i said g'day.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of R3R3
    @r3

christies has really come up, i would say to give it  a miss as its  had  high growth lately.

Profile photo of financial_freedomfinancial_freedom
    @financial_freedom

Christies has had growth lately, however houses  on the beach are 500k+ and those 2,3 and 4 streets back are in the 300k+. So in the long term wouldnt one expect these streets to grow in value???

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.