All Topics / Value Adding / From Trash to Treasure – Where to start

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of freelancefreelance
    @freelance

Hello,

I've noticed in my local area that there are two houses which appear to be abandoned, or at least they should be considering that these houses aren't very structurally sound to live in.

The suburb they are located in is quite nice, and the neighbouring homes are in great condition. So I thought it would be an excellent opportunity for me to create a solution out of these problems.

I am considering demolishing the home and redeveloping. The land is quite substantial too, so the possibility of subdividing and building two homes is there also.

The reason for my post is to gain any insight about where to start, any due diligence that needs to be conducted before hand and what should I be prepared for etc.

Thank you in advance!

Profile photo of WJ HookerWJ Hooker
    Participant
    @wj-hooker

freelance2020

Hi, I've never demolished and rebuilt myself.

But , its very strange that two houses in the same area are empty or left to wilt, what with the rental shortage etc?

You can easily check with the local council on the property zoning for dual occupancy or cutting up the block etc

They could also tell you if the land is owned by private or maybe some other organisation ( probably will not tell you the owners name unless you live next door and want to know so you can send them a bill for fencing or some such ?)

Good luck.

Profile photo of freelancefreelance
    @freelance

Thanks for your help WJ Hooker

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.