All Topics / General Property / Selling Agent Caboolture

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of JETTJETT
    @jett

Hi

Could anyone recommend a good agent in Caboolture, Qld. To sell a couple of duplexes.

Thanks

Jett

Profile photo of Dale LynchDale Lynch
    @dale-lynch

Hi Jett,

Without blowing my own trumpet too much, I am probably the best agent for selling duplexes in Caboolture. I am connected with a large property investment and marketing organization that strives to assist mum and dad investors to create independent wealth through building a property portfolio.
    Call me at Cross Country Realty 07 54052166, or mobile 0413 865594.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Dont you love the phrase:

I am connected with a large property investment and marketing organization that strives to assist mum and dad investors to create independent wealth through building a property portfolio.

Which means i work for a marketing organisation that sells over prices properties to unsuspecting buyers.

For Caboolture use the best agent up there (sold more property than any other agent for last 3 years) and that is Lee Doyle at LJ Hooker Narangba.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Participant
    @qlds007

Oh by the way just in case you werent aware Cross Country Realty are associate with Park Trent.

Just do a forum search on Park Trent first and see what other have said about their experiences.

@dale-lynch

Thank you to Richard Taylor for his unbiased and well researched post. As an advisor I cannot understand why you would recommend an agent from an area well away from Caboolture (particularly demographically speaking) to be the best agent.

Also this agent has not sold the most properties of anyone in the Caboolture region. If you were to research your facts, you would find that LJ Hooker in Caboolture has in fact been the most consistent seller by far for a number of years – like ten. Why would you not recommend them?

Yes, Cross Country Realty is a residential and business real estate office, and a  member company of the Park Trent Properties Group. This forum is a great method for people to be able to obtain an education in what to look for when dealing with property purchases. Park Trent offer a service which may not be for everyone – and they do attempt to make a profit – doesn't any business – even financial planners?

I commend you on your prompt response to my post, and note that it is more than just a hobby for you (4367 posts). Keep up the good work Richard Taylor.

Participant
    @qlds007

When you are checking those facts Dale you might like to see where Lee Doyle spent the first 2 1/2 years of his working life !!! (even check with Jeff Brown)

Park Trent does like to make a profit and so do Financial Planners but thankfully we dont rip clients off to the tune of thousands which can be evidenced by the number of valuations I hold in my office from clients who have purchased through PK or their associated organisations.

Thankfully I have numourous clients from the forum who we have saved from Cross Country Realty and steered them in the way of a professional selling outfit.

Times must be tough at CC if your opening post has to be one that you pat yourself on the back.

This forum is a great place to share information and knowledge with fellow investors but we dont all post merely to promote ourselves and tell the world how good we are. Sometimes we offer advice and knowledge for free !!!!

By the way as you now nothing by about my financial position (yes i did retire at 39 and then come back and start my own boutique brokerage if you care to read some of my former posts)  posting is a hobby as well as helping clients and members get a start in property investing.

@dale-lynch

Hi to Richard and other interested forum users,

I take your point that this is a forum, and should be a good avenue for sharing knowledge. It probably shouldn't be a venue for attacking someone (particularly someone who has just found this forum).

You have obviously had a lot of experience with property and finance dealings, so it might be interesting to hear some points from you that relate to the original post:- What should Jett be looking for in a good real estate agent to enable him to make an informed choice about who to deal with?

Is the individual or the company the main criteria?

Should Jett be using a traditional agent, a discount agent, or no agent at all?

It is customary for agents to charge the gazetted REIQ commission on sales, – is vendor paid advertising acceptable to gain appropriate media coverage for his property?

Exclusive agency or open listing??

Maybe the answers to some of these might be of use to Jett and others.

Thanks.
    Dale.

Profile photo of GopinathVijayGopinathVijay
    @gopinathvijay

I recently read on the internet that some realtors representing their sellers will not present all offers from prospective buyers via the buyers agent because they do not want to share the commision from the sale with the buyers agent. How do you spot one of these types of selling agents and what can be done, if anything, to make sure your offers are, in fact, being presented to the selling agents clients? Thank You.

@dale-lynch

I have not had much experience with a buyer's agent, but my understanding is that the seller is entitled to commission even when a buyers agent is used. The buyer's agent receives commission from the purchaser to source properties, and they charge you as a purchaser for the expertise in determining and negotiating a good price for you (see as an example – http://www.propertybuyer.com.au/, or search "buyers agent").

Hope this clears one side of your query up. I think maybe you may have been referring to a conjunctional agent situation, whereby a listing agent most of the time is prepared to offer conjunctional selling rights to another agency that introduces a buyer for the property listed. There is an unwritten industry standard – that -depending on the market conditions and the property – a selling agent will usually agree to a conjunction 2-4 weeks after listing (so they have had the opportunity to maximize their chance of selling to one of their clients). Some agencies have policies against conjuncting, (mostly out of greed), or offer a pathetic 70/30 or 80/20 split, when it should reasonably be closer to 50/50. Some agents simply refuse to work with other agents.

It is against the law for an agent not to present an offer to the seller, and can result in prosecution. Hard to pin, but get refusal of offer in writing may be the most secure method of knowing that it has been presented. Providing a hefty deposit with your contract also means that the deposit has to be receipted, and the bigger the deposit, the more attractive your offer can be to the seller.

Regards,

Dale.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.