All Topics / Value Adding / D’oh! A Planning Bungle :-(

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi Team,

I'm currently finishing off a subdivision and reno job, which required the construction of a new carport.

I had the architect draw up plans, but in between revisions to working plans, the carport went from being in the right position, to being 900mm out from the council stamped planning application.

It's probably not a major issue, but it's a lesson to stay on top of the process the entire way. I'm now at the mercy of the council approving the amendment, which in the least will cost a few weeks while they mull it over.

So much for so-called gurus getting it right 100% of the time.

Sometimes the best lessons come from mistakes. I hope you can avoid making the same one as me.

Cheers,

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of Michael 888Michael 888
    Participant
    @michael-888

Good on ya   for sharing Steve,

as well as (hopefully) learning from our own mistakes or oversights, it is indeed wise to learn from those of others.

Another person in the property game said to me "LOOK, don't listen, LOOK, don't listen, LOOK, don't listen."  Essentially inspect everything that you are told as part of your  own due diligence on everything related to property transactions and developments.

That includes our own team members and consultants as in the case that Steve shares. We also need to keep them accountable Hopefully the few weeks delay will not co$t too much in interest or opportunity cost.

Fellow forumites, it is not often you will hear authors/educators disclose their lossess and mistakes and this is especially true not only of property, but moreso of share investing trading programs, home studies, etc. Very few and far between (in my experience) share the losers as well as the winners.

Thanks again for sharing Steve, so we may all learn. 

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

If the council won't approve then who pays for the problem to be rectified?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.