All Topics / Help Needed! / Advice on how to tweak my copy to appeal to first time buyers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Playful PanPlayful Pan
    @playful-pan

Hey All,

Help required on tweaking the copy to appeal to first home owners.

My property has made it onto the market. Yipeeeeee. Katrina has done a great job of staging it, just check out the photos http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=105313502&f=30&p=10&t=res&ty=&fmt=&header=&cc=&c=54790516&s=vic&tm=1226027843

I am very keen to hear from people on how i could tweak the copy to appeal to first home buyers. My agent is great and is very open to tweaking the ad. He knocked up a first draft which is at the end of this forum entry.

The house is aimed at first home buyers. Unique feature is the large reserve immeditaley opposite the property. Part of the land is being developed into sporting facilities. Also in the area is a winery, cinema, golf course. There is also buses on the estate that goes to the train station. Sunbury is the home of the ashes about 34km from Melbourne with direct train link.

I noticed that newly listed properties appear at the top of the list when you first see the listings page. I was even thinking of changing the copy daily. Wondering whether changing the copy would put the listing back at the top of the list.

Here is the current copy:

A Funky Little Pad

$259,000

32 MURDOCH CRT SUNBURY
    A trendy 3 bedroom home. All with BIR's
    Smart designed open plan living
    Lounge room/meals and sitting area
    Ducted heating and remote garage
    A drop kick away from new sports facility
    Never to built out park views
    Fantastic first home or investment

I'm very excited.

After listening to the webinar this morning, i was thinking of tweaking the headline to

Don't rent! Buy this Funky Little Pad

or

Stop renting NOW! Buy this Funky Little Pad

Looking forward to hearing from you all

Lastly i changed my userid from rodenp to Playful Pan which is more like me, rather than just my name. So welcome to the new me.

Peter

Profile photo of Skip101Skip101
    @skip101
    Playful Pan wrote:

I noticed that newly listed properties appear at the top of the list when you first see the listings page. I was even thinking of changing the copy daily. Wondering whether changing the copy would put the listing back at the top of the list.

Changing the copy daily will not bump your listing to the top of the list. You can pay extra to have a 'featured listing' The price depends on your subscription, but is approximately $75 to $125 per month extra.

Profile photo of Playful PanPlayful Pan
    @playful-pan

Thanks Skip101

I guess i was a bit optimistic.

Anyway I am still keen to hear from people as regards tweaking the heading of my copy.

Selling is a great learning experience.

Playful Pan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.