All Topics / Finance / RHG CUSTOMERS – rate cut not .75%

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Profile photo of PosEnterprisesPosEnterprises
    @posenterprises

Everyone with RHG this is what they said! :)

Hi RHG will be decreasing the variable interest rate on low doc loans by 0.55% effective 17/11/08 Kind RegardsCustomer Service

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

It is still better than NONE

Profile photo of karlm63karlm63
    Participant
    @karlm63

Why cant  you  people pass the full amount on to your loyal customers?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Then again you were all quick enough to raise them out of sequence with the reserve bank now they are lowering the rates it takes you an eternity to lower them.
    Must be making a pretty hefty profit ????????????????????????????????

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

my guess is that they are not passing on the full rate cut as it costs too much too leave!

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Participant
    @god_of_money

Terry,
    Just for my curiousity.. why so many people were getting their loans from RHG?? Are they any significant benefits compared to bank lenders?
    Cheers

Participant
    @terryw

hi god

not sure. RAMS were popular a year ago, the had a good No Doc loan – one up to 80% lvr and low doc loans up to 85% lvr. They have their own mortgage insurance company too which is handy if u max out on low docs with the others.

Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of solidgoldinvestsolidgoldinvest
    @solidgoldinvest

The reason so many people are with RHG is that they were former RAMS customers. When the old RAMS went broke Westpac bought the RAMS brand name and shopfront for a bargain basement orice of $140 Million. But left the Billion $ 10 plus mortgage book with the former RAMS holding company RHG. They are not allowed to sell any new mortgages for a period of 3 years there are 2 years left to go.

RHG increased their termination fees considerably so it is difficult for some people to leave.refinance. Now that rates are coming down they are not passing on the full amount. Even though they had numerous rises outside of RBA rises on the way up.

With the last RBA cut of .75% Both RHG and Rams announced a .60% cut on the same day Friday Nov 8th RHG gave Low Doc Customers only .55%..

I believe that RHG is not allowed to undercut RAMS because of the Westpac rescue deal.

Profile photo of solidgoldinvestsolidgoldinvest
    @solidgoldinvest
    Participant
    @god_of_money

Thanks for info..
    Well… ING is even WORSE… only cut by 0.55%
    It is just ridiculous… claiming themselves as AA rated and one of the biggest bank in the world…

Profile photo of PosEnterprisesPosEnterprises
    @posenterprises

Yes true solidgold, i was one of the unluck few with RAMS who got rammed by RAMS/RHG with increases and now little decreases.  I have only 10months to go before i get out and refinance also, can't now because of 2% exit fees which is about $13k to get out.  I hope they really get ripped when everyone leaves them in the future.

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

As already mentioned, RAMS  (the old one) did indeed have a couple of excellent lo doc products, and were very popular lenders for first home buyers that wanted to borrow 100% finance – not something done with the mainstream lenders in most cases. Rams were huge with the mortgage broking industry, having the significant majority of their loans written and recommended via this channel.
    And yes, it did go pearshaped, along with so many other lenders since.
    Rams exit fees have always been steep, and in most cases, I cannot imagine anyone having gone with a rams loan if they were considering leaving in the first few years. Unfortunately, they have stuck it to their clients since their collapse.
    Cant see any reason anybody would have dealt with rams after late last year unless they got bad advice, were sucked in, or desperate. A lot of the franchises played 'spin doctor' when their collapse was iminent, and in the end, realised they needed to use their mortgage broking aggreggation partner (CHOICE) to avoid their own loans, and steer potential clients to banks or elsewhere, and also offer this to panicky clients too so they could keep their 'trails' and commissions.

For what it's worth, think how worse it is for people who blew money buying RAMS shares!!!! Millions of dollars never to be seen again – ($3k for me  :-(   )

I would envisage down the track RHG will have to try and be proactive at keeping some of their loan book, otherwise they will literally have nothing, but it sounds like they are not trying real hard at the moment.

For all stuck in a high exit fee loan (or for that mater, a fixed rate loan with any other lender) stick at it until you can exit economically – it makes the most sense.

Cheers

@posenterprises

Yes V8 that is what I have to do.  Just got sit tight until Sep 09.  Then i am outta of there neva go bak to another prik lender like these companies again. I got really ripped!  Just heard that RHG only passin on .65 of the 1%cut!

Profile photo of ExpertOnFinanceExpertOnFinance
    @expertonfinance

The new Rams (Westpac owned) has mostly the same products as the old Rams (now RHG) did. As some posters mentioned above, they were/are excellent products. Rams is still one of the only lenders doing 100% loans at 5.89% and lo doc at 6.89% (before the cut) with only ABN required for 2 yrs , hence the delay brokers are having with Rams at the moment.

PosEnter, yes RHG fund there money from overseas. This has always been the RHG model when Kinghorn owned the company. Things were going gangbusters right before the float, they had too many applications for them to handle and needed to grow. You have to wonder though how they didn't see the collapse coming with funds coming from overseas. Instead the staff all buy shares and the owner runs off with $500mil or whatever it was.

Solidgoldinvestment pretty much sums it up in his post also….

Profile photo of nathanvalenathanvale
    @nathanvale
    ExpertOnFinance wrote:
    The new Rams (Westpac owned) has mostly the same products as the old Rams (now RHG) did. As some posters mentioned above, they were/are excellent products. Rams is still one of the only lenders doing 100% loans at 5.89% and lo doc at 6.89% (before the cut) with only ABN required for 2 yrs , hence the delay brokers are having with Rams at the moment.

PosEnter, yes RHG fund there money from overseas. This has always been the RHG model when Kinghorn owned the company. Things were going gangbusters right before the float, they had too many applications for them to handle and needed to grow. You have to wonder though how they didn't see the collapse coming with funds coming from overseas. Instead the staff all buy shares and the owner runs off with $500mil or whatever it was.

The only hope we have is if RHG get sued. Which one women is already doing.

http://business.theage.com.au/business/woman-sues-over-fees-and-rates-20081209-6ugf.html

Solidgoldinvestment pretty much sums it up in his post also….

@posenterprises

A Melbourne woman is taking on a mortgage lender over claims of â??unconscionableâ?? high interest rates and â??excessiveâ?? exit fees.

Emily Hamilton is taking RHG Mortgage Corporation (formerly RAMS Mortgage Corporation) to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) after the lender told her she would have to pay $12,000 to exit her home loan.

Ms Hamilton was keen to refinance to a more-competitive loan after RHG increased her variable interest rate well above Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) rate rises, Consumer Action Law Centre (CALW) spokeswoman Nicole Rich said.

â??After she entered into the loan in July last year, RAMS, later RHG, started raising her interest rate to a point where now, even after recent RBA rate decreases, her rate is sitting at 0.99 per cent higher than when she signed, while the official RBA rate is two per cent lower,â?? Ms Rich said.

She said Ms Hamilton considered switching loans, but was faced with an â??excessiveâ?? early termination fee of more than $12,000.

Lodging papers against the lender with VCAT on Monday, Ms Rich said CALW would argue the early termination fee was unconscionable because it exceeded RHGâ??s reasonable costs arising from the early end to the loan.

It will also allege the interest rate rises on Ms Hamiltonâ??s loan were unconscionable and unreasonable, given they advertised the loan would keep competitive rates.

Ms Rich said borrowers signed up to variable home loans knowing the lender could raise or lower the interest rate, but lenders had no r …

@posenterprises

She must be fightin on my behalf lol – I will pay at least 12K exit fees also.  It is a terrible rip off! Will not be using any non-conforming lender in future.. Also it stiffles competition when there is a monopoly on the banking system.  Why don't Chinese banks throw some money our way they got plenty haven't they!

They could easiy buy our national debt! :)

Participant
    @terryw

http://www.lendingcentral.com/2008/12/09/woman-takes-lender-to-court-over-fees-and-rates/

Email Me

Profile photo of RaymondBDMRaymondBDM
    @raymondbdm

doubtful this will eventuate to anything…

Profile photo of AjaxAjax
    Participant
    @ajax

RaymondBDM,

it was another Raymond that got me into this RHG mess in the first place-he fleeced me.

After listening to the giraffe and the hippopotamus years ago when I invested in Estate Mortgage you think i would stop following the financial recommendations of talking animals on TV.  

Profile photo of RaymondBDMRaymondBDM
    @raymondbdm

lol Ajax

I think Raymond has done pretty well out of the RHG mess as he's also been employed by Westpac.

are you still with RHG or did you move accross?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.