All Topics / Help Needed! / carparks as investments

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of BounaderBounader
    Participant
    @bounader

Hi all

Would like some advice on car-parks as investments,

if anyone has any experience and/or knowledge on this.

Thanks  Mark

Profile photo of DraconisVDraconisV
    Participant
    @draconisv

I would like some knowledge on this too.

I posted this a few days ago in another topic in this forum but got no reply

A cheap form of property with a high rental return (alot above interest rates/currently). Ok so they don’t appreicate in value (but you have CF+) but do they depreciate (seeing as we are in financial crisis times)??

I just looked on findacarpark.com.au and I have looked on the sydney maps…

110 sussex street is for sale at $90,000. and under the rent section of the website the same place (110 sussex st) is for rent at $433.35/month which equates to 5200 per year.

This means the return is ~5.8% which is lower than interest rates (currently?). Note this is the first one i looked at, so it might be low?
    But is this how it works really… buy the parking space (with borrowed money), collect rent, pay mortgage but still have some rent left over so CF+… don’t worry about capital growth or captial decline cause you have instant CF+??????

Chris

Profile photo of erichmjerichmj
    @erichmj
    DraconisV wrote:
    I would like some knowledge on this too. I posted this a few days ago in another topic in this forum but got no reply A cheap form of property with a high rental return (alot above interest rates/currently). Ok so they don't appreicate in value (but you have CF+) but do they depreciate (seeing as we are in financial crisis times)?? I just looked on findacarpark.com.au and I have looked on the sydney maps… 110 sussex street is for sale at $90,000. and under the rent section of the website the same place (110 sussex st) is for rent at $433.35/month which equates to 5200 per year. This means the return is ~5.8% which is lower than interest rates (currently?). Note this is the first one i looked at, so it might be low? But is this how it works really… buy the parking space (with borrowed money), collect rent, pay mortgage but still have some rent left over so CF+… don't worry about capital growth or captial decline cause you have instant CF+?????? Chris

I'm new too. But I think you don't buy it (all with the borrowed money).
    To have positive CF, the rental has to be greater than the repayment, so assume the same
    maturity for the loan, the more you borrow the more you repay each payment.
    Then you need to work out how much you should contribute and how much to borrow, so that
    your repayment will be smaller than the rental. Is it right??

3ric

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

You will need to make sure that the council does not charge rates on the parking space at the standard rate (it may well outstrip any return).

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

and management fee…

Profile photo of pepsipepsi
    @pepsi

Car Park Invest is a good site, i bought 4 spaces from them as an investment in the UK, they offer guaranteed returns. Only £12.5k each!

Its worth a check, http://www.carparkinvest.com

Pepsi x

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

You may have to pay a congestion tax – Melbourne was considering implementing this for inner CBD car parks.
    Being Commercial you probably have to charge GST on the rent.
    Also there may be management fees for maintaining staff and toilets, Lifts, ect
    Hard to resell is another problem.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

There is a yearly levy for carpark spaces in the CBD and some surrounding areas in SYdney. I recall hearing in the recent mini-budget that these levys had just been increased from about $800 pa to $1200 pa

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of BounaderBounader
    Participant
    @bounader

Hey All,

I wouuld like to thank you all for you input.

THANKS

Mark

Profile photo of jenny111jenny111
    Participant
    @jenny111

Hi All,

Just curious how you folks got your personal portrait.  God_of_money's is uniquely entertaining, Mark's thumps up is just innocently cheeky and Scott, where did get those moving eye balls?!

Jenny

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

If I told you Jenny, I'd have to kill you (and change the eyes, of course).

Profile photo of jenny111jenny111
    Participant
    @jenny111

OK, Scott. So they are worth a lot!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.