All Topics / Help Needed! / Buying Capital Growth Properties

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of janedavojanedavo
    @janedavo

I am in the market to educate myself of buying property for capital growth. I'm looking in the Melbourne market.
    All the property seminars I have been to want to sell me a property or there own theory.
    Is there anyone out there that can tell me the key driver for capital growth or does anyone offer education on buying property for long term capital growth, with little going effort and no strings attached?.
    Happy to learn and do the research, but then want it to sit and do well like my parents house has done over time.

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Unfortunately the growth type seminars only occur just before or at the start of a property boom and the market at the moment is not in a growth stage. I did a seminar with Peter Spann that was a growth strategy that didn't require you to buy over inflated priced property from Peter.
    For a cheaper option .
    You could buy Peter Spann's books

From Broke to Multi-millionaire in Just 7 Years

Wealth Magic

How You Could Build a $10 Million Property Portfolio in Just 10 Years

Profile photo of Ben KingsleyBen Kingsley
    Participant
    @ben-kingsley

This workshop should be just the start you are looking for.  Even my experience investor clients rave about this workshop and they learnt a lot from it.

Here's the promo video link:

http://www.flashmail.com.au/mail/EmpowerWealth/empowerwealth.php 

Next Event is Wednesday 12th November.

Asset selection is critical to your future wealth and this education course and new property software program we have designed is great start to learn how to research and the buy superior residential property.

Further details are available on our website:

http://www.empowerwealth.com.au

Regards
    Ben Kingsley

Director
    Empower Wealth

Profile photo of Event HorizonEvent Horizon
    @event-horizon

janedavo

there are many drivers for cap growth

the most obvious reason is due to supply and demand.
    what drives this can be any of number of the  following.

proximity to infra-structure like hospitals, schools, train, bus, freeway, university

lifestyle precint, close to cafes, bars, restaurants, beach, river, parks, entertainment venues, golf clubs etc.

tourism

proximity to a CBD or regional centre.

Gentrification of previous undesirable areas  ie

the more people that renovate the more desirable an area becomes, hence the more shops and cafes open up, and more people want to live there. Then the more the government wants to spend on infrastructure and the weathier the buyers are who want to move in, which keeps pushing up suburb wages and prices. …..and so it goes on.  from Bum-town to Up-town.

Major government master planning encouraging new development, conversion of industrial sites to residential or commercial,
    introduction of new infrastructure to the area

key industry within region having positive effects on employment and wage growth, could be a new hospital, mine, commercial precinct, what ever.

uniqueness- such as an old terrace house, art deco unit, workers cottage, victorian mansion, or if its new its generally better to have superior high demand quality design than generic stock if you can afford it , these are all limited supply, generally high demand.

land size and value is important- the closer to the city the more important this is, the land should be at least half to near 100% of the property value depending on proximity to CBD) generally your better off  buying something thats has above the local average sized block, particularly if you can develop it ,sub divide it, extent the building, add value to it, what ever it is that offers a desirable point of difference to other local properties.  Then you have more growth potential.
    If its a unit buy one in a small unit block (4 to 10 /12 units) then there is more land content  per unit. blocks of 4 are the best.

all of this adds to high rent demand (like inner city)
    high investor demand and home owner demand

just some ideas

and read lots of stuff, you dont to pay for courses etc. iall info available for next to nothing
    best of luck

Profile photo of coolharry67coolharry67
    Participant
    @coolharry67

hello Event Horizon,
    could you please clarify what exactly is –land size and value is important? what means land size should be 50% to 100% of property value ?
    thank you for your time and patience
    harry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.