All Topics / Help Needed! / CHEAP STORAGE?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

Ive spent the last 3 months building a motorhome and will soon be putting a house load of stuff into storage for a few months.

Ive found the local (Redcliffe) storage sheds to be rediculously expensive.

Is there a cheaper way?

Profile photo of newbi2newbi2
    @newbi2

Hi Crashy,

I recently hired a shipping container. It was delivered to my door ($100 each way), taken back to their depot and costs me $27.50 per week to hire. Had I wanted to I could have purchased a second hand one for about $2700 and had it stored at their depot for $5 per week, but I only needed it for 14 weeks.

Hope that offers another alternative for you. have fun travelling about. We plan to in about 18months and I will go the container again then.

Cheers

Mick

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

thanks Mick

are you in QLD?

I assume the dropoff / pickup gave you time to pack / unpack yourself?

Ive looked at 'pods' but their charges are a joke.

Also seen cheap containers on ebay. $5 a week, wow!

Profile photo of BuilderBobBuilderBob
    Participant
    @builderbob

I've hired a number of containers and you can pick them up for around $100 per month on my own land, of course short term is slightly more expensive.
    The containers I used were high cubes 20ft with double doors at both ends, from Royal Wolf.
    They are much better having double doors and that extra height as you can access from either end and very handy when you want to retrieve some thing at a later date.
    Give Royal wolf a call they have branches all over Australia.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.