All Topics / General Property / Need help selling your property faster?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of helen_louishelen_louis
    @helen_louis
    Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Yeah; if I give you $1000 will you do it please?

That's about all the work an agent does is worth, given their quals and training.

For example; a nurses' aid (PSA) earns about $20 per hour. It's a 3 month course. Easy course, easy work. I did it for 3 years when my son was little. great benefits and penalty rates, salary packaging as well.

I also did the agent reps course. Easy course; done in a month part time. Worked as an agent for about 3 months. Crap job.

Average amount of work to sell one house by an agent would be 50 hours (mostly less)? A few opens, a few private viewings, a few phone calls back and forward to the Vendor and buyers etc.

$1000.

And; you've only got 30 days to sell it – no probs if you're any good.

Profile photo of newbi2newbi2
    @newbi2

Hear hear Mark!!!!

I am over agents trying to justify the huge expenses. I still maintain if the same work is carried out on the sale of a $250K property as a $450K property why should the commision be different? I think we have just accepted this culture as the way it is. I strongly support the new wave of commission structure (Virgo Parrerson for example) I recently sold a property with them and saved over $10K. I know the other agents have rubbished the idea, even having adds appear in the local paper saying things like "pay peanuts – get monkeys" (which I find to be completely lacking in integrity) but I have found them to be nothing short of professional and excellent to deal with. Highly recommend them if they have an office in your area. Note that you do pay for advertising on a user pay basis, but still a huge saving.

Mick

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.