All Topics / Finance / Does anyone have a trusted broker that they can recommend??

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of Victoria_WangVictoria_Wang
    @victoria_wang

Hi,

Im about to buy my first property….can anyone suggest a good banker or reliable mortgage broker…and which bank has the lowest rate at the moment??
    I browsed thru some of the forums posted here…and there was some good comments about ING for first home buyers, Mortgage Choice http://www.mortgagechoice.com.au, Australia Mortgage Options http://www.amo.com.au and Edvico Mortgage Solutions http://www.edvico.com.au?

I just want a simple home loan to start of with and in the next 2 years, I might purchase an extra property for investment.

Can I get a Second option please about bankers and these mortgage brokers..or any better advice ??
    Many Thanks,

Vic
    note: btw, Im in syd.

Profile photo of JETTJETT
    @jett

Give Richard a call.

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    http://www.tayloredfinancialsolutions.com.au
    [email protected]

Profile photo of redleavesredleaves
    @redleaves
    JETT wrote:

Give Richard a call.

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    http://www.tayloredfinancialsolutions.com.au
    [email protected]

I agree – he can work wonders, as well as being the most knowledgeable broker for investing that I've ever come across.

Profile photo of hleunghleung
    Participant
    @hleung

Richard Luke has done what many other brokers and bank managers couldn't do for me.  He is an expert on CBA lending.  HIs phone number is 0432890344. 

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Thanks Jett & redleaves. i appreciate the referral as always.

Victoria i can think of many products for a first home buyer than ING.

Something like nil application, valuation or bank legal fees  no monthly fees etc and a rate of around 7.62%.

Drop me an email and I can give you some more details.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Victoria_WangVictoria_Wang
    @victoria_wang

Thanks guys for the suggestion….

I'm pretty keen on the ING one thou…it saids something like 15% and no mortgage insurance>??? is that true?

I've got some colleagues who are currently with colonial and they said that their service is really poor…? is that also true..?

and I heard on the radio or TV.. (cant remember where)…that there is a time restriction on the additional first home owners grant.? does anyone know its from when to when??? and what is better…getting a brand new unit or not..? what are the benefits or disadvantages..? Theres so much to consider..

Richard…
    your area code is (07)….im in syd (02) ???

Cheers,
    Vic

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Vic

Personally i only use CBA Colonial were i have to because i think the service levels are below par.

Yes there is a time restriction on the FHOG the purchase contract needs to be date prior to 30th June 2009 (at this stage anyway).

Yes i am in Brisbane but have client literally all over the Country and the world.

Feel free to drop me an email and I can give you some suggestions.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Onur KocabayOnur Kocabay
    @onur-kocabay

Hi Victoria,

In relation to your ING query, the bank does offer a no LMI scheme if you have 15% deposit. Instead of paying an LMI premium you pay a fee of $399. They do have certain criteria that you have to meet to be eligible for this policy though. The criteria's for this policy are things like having to be with your current employer for more then 2 years and etc.

Colonial/CBA are like any other major bank where their services fluctuate with the amount of demand they get from their customers.

If you have any other questions about structuring loans please feel free to do so on 02 9727 4480.

Kind Regards,

Onur Kocabay

Finance Manager

Q Financial Pty Ltd

Suite 14, 30 Nelson St Fairfield NSW 2165 | P – 02 9727 4480  | W – http://www.qfinancial.com.au

Profile photo of lukentellukentel
    @lukentel

Hope I'm not misinterpreting this but

1) thanks hleung

2) CBA – agree with RT that  you use them when you have to but in most cases I've found they have picked up their game a lot.  In comparison to ANZ taking 10 days to approve a loan currently if I had my choices and short timeframes then you wouldnt discount them.

3) I'm not posting on this forum or on SS from here on in to pick up clients – I'd rather be able to throw in my 2c if that suits (you'll note by the number of posts I do here that it isnt heaps anyway in comparison and my time on pi.com is very rare).  I would also back Richard Taylor as being a hell of a good broker for any to use regardless of where you are.

4) In the case at hand, IMO, Westpac would come before ING in this case not just due to them waiving LMI but due to they have an offset and again IMO a better suite of products than INGs, and I'm getting unconditionals out of westpac in <4 days.

Profile photo of CentralChoiceCentralChoice
    Participant
    @centralchoice

I second and third the above statements.

A quick footnote though, some lenders like ANZ have a policy that you have to know your client and meet with your client face to face. I'm not sure if this differs in other states? Who knows what the future will hold with webcam chats and whatever else though?

lukentel – I don't believe there's anything wrong with trying to drum up as much business as possible though, as long as it is done in moderation and you don't shove your services down people's throats!

Richard Taylor seems like a very trustworthy and knowledgeable broker judging from the quality of advice that he gives on these forums so he definitely earns this broker's tick of approval. I would refer anyone interstate to him as I'm from Melbourne and as my way of doing business simply prefer to meet with my clients to do a face to face. It will also depend on how complex the deal is as well.

Most brokers can provide the same function as the banks ie write a home loan and follow up paperwork, but the truly great brokers that stand out from this bunch will provide additional property advisory and effective loan structuring advice. Effectively, he/she should act as a personal trainer with your mortgage!

Finally, whilst fast approvals are good news for brokers and clients alike, I don't believe one should ever badmouth a bank for this reason, because one day you WILL have to use them again, and I think it also removes a certain level of objectivity that clients trust us to maintain.

Apply some positive and rational thinking: slow approvals can also be indicative of the bank having the market leading deals at a particular point in time, which may cause more brokers to push their deals through a particular lender. Therefore a bit of pain and anxiety short term could be worth having the right loan during the intervening years.

If travel, time commitments, and communication are an issue, I would suggest negotiating as long a settlement period as possible to allow for a good buffer.

Profile photo of PosEnterprisesPosEnterprises
    @posenterprises

Yes call Richard very professional and very helpful and knoweldegable!

Profile photo of shevangshevang
    @shevang

We have found Steve Sims of Need a Loan Now, ph: 08 9581 9409 or 0418 885 705.  Has a huge amount of experience and knows what the banks want and how to structure things the best. Also gave us a deduction tip that saved us $4500 in tax (our prev mortgage broker never told us).  Can be done over phone/ email etc like we do. Cheers, Angela

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.