All Topics / Help Needed! / First Development

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Baalsy BobBaalsy Bob
    Participant
    @baalsy-bob

Hi,

I am a new starter when it comes to property development, but am keen to dip my toes in the water to see what it is like.

As a first development, I am looking for something that is relatively low risk, mainly with a view to getting some experience in dealing with builders / council / real estate agents / architects etc…. The development need not necessarily return a huge profit – the main purpose being to get experience with relatively low risk.

Can anyone recommend a type of development to start off with that would meet this criteria?

Also – has anyone used a property development management company to help them with a development? Is it money wisely spent?

Appreciate any suggestions.

Dan

Profile photo of MubzMubz
    @mubz

Hi Dan,

I am also a keen on getting into the development market and have had the same queries that you have.
    I recently enrolled on a Property Development Homestudy Course and its very useful. It takes you through all the basics of property development.

I understand the safest ones are either duplexes or townhouses and they're relatively low risk. I have also been advised to find sites that have a DA as they're slightly easier to get started.

Hope this helps.

Mubz

Profile photo of dr housedr house
    Participant
    @dr-house

I am selling a dual occ approved property at Safety Beach, ie plans and permits stamped and ready to go, for a 3 br, 2 bath unit.
    The front house remains and needs a little refurbishment but is basically very solid, currently tenanted.
    The intent was to develop and move in ourselves, but current work commitments forced a change of plans.
    100 m to beach and just about next to marina.
    Please contact me if interested for more details/photos.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.