All Topics / General Property / Black Friday

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Profile photo of wianwian
    @wian
    hbbehrendorff wrote:
    Actually wise words in the post above,   I have had many people say how can you judge whats going to happen in the future by the past,  Well I say to those people,  Obviouslly you have not studied history enough or you would not be saying that.

True we have many resources within australia,  But like I said in a previous post,  china is opening a new mine every second day,  Also mining cannot support our whole ecconomy.

Australia unlike back in the day produces very little in terms of factory output or agriculture products,  Australia has lead in the same path as the americans turning into a service,  tourism and consumer ecconomy,  This will end up as many people will eventually find out be devastating.

The country's who own and run the factories and the farms will be the best of,  And as time will show they will emerge to become the words most powerfull economy's

If Australia is going to be a leading nation in the future we need to give way to our current ways and turn back to the old day's when we where more self sufficient.  We need to be a exporting country,   Not an importing country.

Australia needs to run its own factories again and more people need to become farmers again to vastly increase our agricultural strength.

Like ummester said in the post above,   Its time to be in the most secure job you can get,  No matter if its low paying or not,  Because if your only interested in the high flying jobs you may be alright today but next year you will be unemployed.  Personally I think manual jobs will be more secure as manual jobs always need to be done,  Yet we won't need as many waitress in the future as less people will be going out to dinner ect.

I hope that some people can see the light and don't continue to believe that the way things are now cannot continue to be forever.

now thats something i really agree with you on :)  WE need to be more self sufficuent.  We should be exporting more and doing things for ourselves.  I agree.  But the problem is, its far cheaper to get it done overseas, so its a catch 22 situation – what do we do?

cheers

wian

Profile photo of hbbehrendorffhbbehrendorff
    @hbbehrendorff

Cheaper ?  Cheaper for who ?  It is certainly not cheaper for the Australian people in the long run.

We are lead to believe that if the Australian public are not buying a new plasma every 2 years and a new car every 5 then our economy won't do well,  Australia is a consumer economy and we are unfortunately,  I hope im wrong,  And I will be the first to admit that I am,  But we will probably have to go through some type of depression because our economy is in a terrible state.

We are consuming that much and producing so little,  that our Trade deficit for 2007 was almost 20 billion dollars,  I would hate to see what it will be for 2008 and 2009,  2/3 of our exports are natural resources,  Which have tanked and global demand will greatly decrease because of this economic crisis,  we will see many mines will go bust.

We have had the biggest housing bubble in the world,  Even greater then that of America,  So we will see our own mortgage crisis over the next few years,  We are already seeing the crack in the ice now.

Because we are a consumer based economy we will see absolutely huge spikes in unemployment as people start loosing there cushy 100K office jobs,  Telemarketers are not needed anymore and mortgage brokers can't make a killing from the housing boom anymore.

As with all great western countries who's 99% of population lives in huge urban city's,  Food is not something that is produced locally but imported from places where people work for $300 a year,  while at the same time growing all our food so we can be fat porky pigs while they are undernourished eating a cup of rice a day.

Once 3/4 of the world finally comes to realise that us big fat lazy porky pigs aren't really that important to there survival and its apparent that the currency's where these big fat porky pigs live are almost worthless (Australian dollar barley hanging onto 60c) then the cost of food will be exponential,  Actually the food imports might stop altogether if this economic crisis continues to escalate,  More then one country have openly said they will stop all food exports,  Russia and Cuba to name a few.

But that would cause a serious problem,  how will we be able to stuff our face to obilivion with pizza and ice cream pie when australian idol is on ?

Profile photo of PhilbPhilb
    @philb

Hi Hbbehrendorff

Please tell me where you get your info from about buying land from 100k and properties from200k.

Profile photo of devo76devo76
    @devo76
    Philb wrote:
    Hi Hbbehrendorff

Please tell me where you get your info from about buying land from 100k and properties from200k.

Its just his view on things. Nothing is certain.Many like him believe the end is nigh. Also many dreamers believe everything is rosey and nothing is wrong in the world. I will play the odds and say the truth is in the middle somewhere. I bet im right.

Profile photo of hbbehrendorffhbbehrendorff
    @hbbehrendorff

All im doing is looking at the facts and comparing them with history.

If 1 + 1 = 2 100 years ago then it will probably still equal 2 today.

I have made many factual arguments in previous posts,  Things that are not just "My opinion" but undeniable mainstream media facts.

Australia having the biggest housing bubble in the world, Even greater then that of america's  is not my opinion

Australia's 20 billion trade deficit is not my opinion

Commodity prices loosing 50%+ is not my opinion

2/3 of Australia's exports coming from Commodity's is not my opinion

RBA being a private central bank is not my opinion (Read my previous post on RBA's history)

Banks restricting money flow is not my opinion

Australia's 50 billion dollar credit card debt that has doubled in the past few years is not my opinion

Unemployment rising is not my opinion

The U.N,  IMF,  Bilderburg group,  New world order and Trilateral commision's existence is not my opinion.

Im sick of every time I say something people calling me a conspiracy theorist,  Doom and glomer or just saying "Well thats just your opinion"

It's like me trying to tell everyone the sky is blue and then everyone says im full of bs.

Profile photo of devo76devo76
    @devo76

True. These are facts. But what happens next is just your opinion. Everyone can throw some facts together to support there opinions. This is evident in most posts these days both for and against property. The thing that cant be worked out is how the Australian people will react. Sure in one way we are like sheep. But many choices we make are not always based one mathamatical probability. Some times we shoot from the hip,listen to news,go with the heart or just pick the lazy option. Every major event that has happened before also provided people with information that led them to believe that it will get worse or things would never recover. But they did. This will happen this time also. Things will recover and probably quicker than most realise. We seem to have short memories when it comes to history.

I for one do not doubt your facts. I do doubt your belief of what effects these will have and how long it will last.
    Unfortunately it will take a long time for either of us to be wrong or right. And by that time there will be a new world event to threaten us. The credit bubble will be nothing but old news.

If your are genuinley sick of being labeled a gloomist then maybe its time to hang your hat and stop posting on a PROPERTY INVESTING FORUM. But somehow i believe you will stick around as i think you actually feed of being the underdog. Whatever floats your boat in the end. Its still a free world ( For now)

Profile photo of cool samcool sam
    Participant
    @cool-sam

"They didn't spare anyone," a bunch of desis were talking among themselves as they left the Regal Cinema at Union Square in New York City on Saturday February 10, 2007 after watching Black Friday, the movie based on the Bombay bomb blasts of 1993.

How true.

In a low key fashion and without the garish excesses typical of Hindi cinema, Black Friday is a stark indictment of all those involved in the the serial bomb blasts of March 12, 1993 that cost 257 people their lives and injured over 700.

Muslims, Hindus, corrupt police officers, Dawood Ibrahim, politicians, the government, the system and Pakistan all come under the unsparing, critical glare of the lens.

More than just a preface or an account of the bomb blasts, Black Friday also takes a close look at the lives of some of the alleged low-level perpetrators on the lam after the blasts.

Unlike most Bollywood movies built on the crude scaffolding of big-name stars and their crude gyrations to loud music, Black Movie has a powerful story to work with.

The star of this fine movie is the compelling story – the bomb blasts, the conspiracy that preceded it and the hunt for the alleged perpetrators.

There are moments when the narrative sags and the movie fails to keep the audience engaged. We'd have liked better photography and a tighter script overall.

Also, the manipulation of religious sentiments of the underlings by the vengeful Tiger Memon fails to come through strongly. Tiger Memon leaves for Dubai before the blasts leaving behind the underlings to implement his devilish plan and face the music subsequently.

Kay Kay Menon as the police officer Rakesh Maria determined to quickly nab the suspects, Pavan Malhotra as the vengeful Tiger Memon and Aditya Srivastava as the embittered Muslim Badshah Khan shine in their respective roles.

(The Indian government has named Ibrahim Memon a.k.a Tiger Memon the main conspirator of the Bombay bomb blasts but has been unable to nab him.)

Black Friday is finally seeing the light of the day after delays owing to legal issues.

Although the movie was completed a few years back, its release in theatres was held up after some of the alleged perpetrators of the blasts – and named in the movie – asked the court to stay its release arguing that it would prejudice public opinion against them and affect the outcome of the verdict. The court accepted the argument of the alleged perpetrators and stayed the release of the movie. The special court in Mumbai handling the case recently announced its verdict.

Cobo Condos | Chicago Condos

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

ok, no more drugs for you

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.