All Topics / General Property / Black Friday

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

U.S stock futures limit down

grab your ankles folks…….

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

personally I think we need to see a day where the markets fall 14-16%, the final capitulation.

this death by a thousand machete slashes is getting old.

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon

The 24 th Oct was the date of the start of the depression in 29

Participant
    @crashy

didnt the depression start in 32?

Profile photo of devo76devo76
    @devo76

Whatever. It will pass.

Profile photo of MasterRELMasterREL
    @masterrel
    devo76 wrote:
    Whatever. It will pass.

After a lot of pain. US market looks like an ugly start.

Participant
    @bardon

Ugly alright the sell limt is reached on futures no more sales late opening I will stay up to watch the opening bell

@masterrel
    bardon wrote:
    Ugly alright the sell limt is reached on futures no more sales late opening I will stay up to watch the opening bell

Meh I have no positions on atm so not to worried. Everyone in the trading world is telling me how they are cashed up and waiting. So it could be a long way down if buyers are not willing to jump in at some point. Not that I would unless we really see some value that factors in the crappy growth for the next few years.

Participant
    @bardon
    Participant
    @bardon
    crashy wrote:
    didnt the depression start in 32?

The Wall Street Crash of 1929, was the most devastating stock market crash in the history of the United States, taking into consideration the full extent and longevity of its fallout.

Three phrases – Black Thursday, Black Monday, and Black Tuesday – are used to describe this collapse of stock values. All three are appropriate, for the crash was not a one-day affair. The initial crash occurred on Black Thursday (October 24, 1929), but it was the catastrophic downturn of Black Monday and Tuesday (October 28 and 29, 1929) that precipitated widespread panic and the onset of unprecedented and long-lasting consequences for the United States. The collapse continued for a month.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Oh well isnt that bad after all only down 452 points on the open lol.

Europe and the UK are off 9% in the day so have another couple of hundred to fall yet in the Dow before 1.00am.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

@masterrel

We are still above the previous low 7773 on the dow on 10/10/08.  So not to bad just yet depending on how it ends.

Participant
    @bardon

Yep I was almost disappointed that the world never ended…ah well theres always black Monday

Participant
    @crashy

Bardon, you seem to be confusing a depression with a crash….

the crash was in 1929, we all know that. The depression started in 1932.

likewise the 1987 crash and recession in 1990

history says there will be a 3 yr delay between crash & recession. Having said that, the UK & NZ are already officially there, and the rest are getting there fast. What does that mean? I wish I knew. Maybe information is spread so fast these days the delay is obsolete?

I see futures are almost limit down again, so Monday will be interesting

Profile photo of WJ HookerWJ Hooker
    Participant
    @wj-hooker

We talk alot about stock markets getting to its historical levels of growth.
    Well guess what the All Ordinaries is now there. If you look at the long tern graphs on the Yahoo 7 web page and change it to linear from log you can see we should be at about 3800 or so.
    Is it now a good time to buy stocks – probably not. We need to let it continue to fall below the historical level, then if it settles, jump in and enjoy the next ride up again.

Participant
    @bardon
    crashy wrote:
    Bardon, you seem to be confusing a depression with a crash….

the crash was in 1929, we all know that. The depression started in 1932.

likewise the 1987 crash and recession in 1990

history says there will be a 3 yr delay between crash & recession. Having said that, the UK & NZ are already officially there, and the rest are getting there fast. What does that mean? I wish I knew. Maybe information is spread so fast these days the delay is obsolete?

Sorry Crashy I stand corrected, yes things do move quicker these days eg

When  I was a lad I use to work as an engineer on road and bridge building in the North of Scotland  If we had a Technical Query (TQ) we would write a letter to the Engineers Rep put it in an envelope and send it to Edinburgh.  Two weeks later you would get a response in the mail but things didn't come to a stand still and the work was done.

Only yesterday at about 5.10pm I get an urgent TQ emailed to me with a request for an immediate response.  I spoke to the guys about this on sat phone (as its remote) and told them that it would be Monday arvo before response.  They bitched and carried on but its an example of this expectation that everything tets dealt with right now.

PS I know the answer to the TQ I just want some wet behind the ears engineers to sweat over the weekend.

Profile photo of hbbehrendorffhbbehrendorff
    @hbbehrendorff

Bardon,  As you are a knight's templar and have connections with the new world order,  Do you try and put hidden satanic messages within the engineering works you carry out like alot of other engineers/architects ?

Also sir do you agree with your affiliates doctrine of population reduction by 80% ?

I would also like you to deliver a message for me next time your at one of your Knights Templar meetings.  Tell them that there plan will never work,  And tell them that one day all nwo scum will be charged with treason

Profile photo of ummesterummester
    @ummester

Arguing about when the depression started is like arguing about weather or not we are in a recession now. If X amount of time in a recession is needed for it to technically be a depression, does the depression actually start with the onset of the recession or when that time has been covered and likewise a recession?

As to the dates being close this time and last time – it is interesting.

I also find it interesting that there was a terrorist attack on wall street 7-8 years before the 1929 stock market crash. Who says history never repeats, eh?

So, if we wish to speculate on our future by our past, we can assume that the looming global depression will hit Australia later, harder and last for slightly less time as we are still primarily a commodoties exporter.

My advice, get a secure job now and don't worry too much about pay. The guarantee of 45K a year in 5 years is going to be worth heaps more than 105K a year is now.

Profile photo of hbbehrendorffhbbehrendorff
    @hbbehrendorff

Actually wise words in the post above,   I have had many people say how can you judge whats going to happen in the future by the past,  Well I say to those people,  Obviouslly you have not studied history enough or you would not be saying that.

True we have many resources within australia,  But like I said in a previous post,  china is opening a new mine every second day,  Also mining cannot support our whole ecconomy.

Australia unlike back in the day produces very little in terms of factory output or agriculture products,  Australia has lead in the same path as the americans turning into a service,  tourism and consumer ecconomy,  This will end up as many people will eventually find out be devastating.

The country's who own and run the factories and the farms will be the best of,  And as time will show they will emerge to become the words most powerfull economy's

If Australia is going to be a leading nation in the future we need to give way to our current ways and turn back to the old day's when we where more self sufficient.  We need to be a exporting country,   Not an importing country.

Australia needs to run its own factories again and more people need to become farmers again to vastly increase our agricultural strength.

Like ummester said in the post above,   Its time to be in the most secure job you can get,  No matter if its low paying or not,  Because if your only interested in the high flying jobs you may be alright today but next year you will be unemployed.  Personally I think manual jobs will be more secure as manual jobs always need to be done,  Yet we won't need as many waitress in the future as less people will be going out to dinner ect.

I hope that some people can see the light and don't continue to believe that the way things are now cannot continue to be forever.

Participant
    @bardon
    hbbehrendorff wrote:
    Bardon,  As you are a knight's templar and have connections with the new world order,  Do you try and put hidden satanic messages within the engineering works you carry out like alot of other engineers/architects ?

Also sir do you agree with your affiliates doctrine of population reduction by 80% ?

I would also like you to deliver a message for me next time your at one of your Knights Templar meetings.  Tell them that there plan will never work,  And tell them that one day all nwo scum will be charged with treason

Yes we do it all the time it is our calling card. Right now I am working on rebranding the company logo and I am trying to push for an iconic pyramid shape with a rotated D inside the top apex lets hope they go for it.

Must admit for purely selfish reasons I am not for the eugenics camp.  I prefer to see population growth to keep the demand up on IP's both price and rent and to increse the demand on energy and commodities.

I think you might be a bit discombobulated with the treason bit you should have a look at who actually has the suprem rule and ownership over oz.  If you do then you will realise that it cant possibly be treason.

Support the NWO buy a house and raise the rents.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.