All Topics / Help Needed! / ANY ADVICE?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of audraDaudraD
    Participant
    @audrad

My husband and I have $230 000 cash with no debts and we are not sure what the best investment strategy would be. Annual income combined about $65 000. Any ideas?  

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

stay in cash, ask again in 6 months.

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

You should lock in Term deposit few months ago with Bank West interest was 8.5%

Participant
    @crashy

we are at the beginning of a global asset deflationary cycle.

all assets fall during this period, so just stay out of them.

people who are 100% cash will be the only survivors.

Profile photo of devo76devo76
    @devo76

You could by some seads and some batteries. maybe a tent and a shotgun then go live in the bush and defend your patch till the day you die. OR you could be a realist and look for opportunity in the current market. That is what the smart people are doing. :)

Participant
    @crashy

devo, I hope you were not suggesting my post was alarmist & extreme. I was the FIRST to say "lets stop the 'end of days' talk & look for opportunities". Theres a big difference between staying in cash till the dust settles and preparing for the end of capitalism.

best to wait till the knives hit the floor before trying to catch them

Ive been watching people on this forum for months say "Im buying shares now, look how cheap they are!" and "NOW is the time to buy"

now they are much cheaper. oops.

Profile photo of Tony BTony B
    @tony-b

Crashy
    I was always told "cash is king" Ive been in fixed intrest for a long time now yes its safe but you risk the oppertunity cost of your money.  When will the dust settle? What will be the result when it does? 10, 20  30 % reduction in assett value?  I check land prices every day I dont see them going backwards Why?  Bank intrest will fall soon so retunes on T.D. will fall also try getting 8.5 % now.  people who are 100% cash will be the only survivors. Yes comes back to "cash being King" but what about inflation at 5% eg. I get 7.00 % in bank I pay 33% tax inflation at 5.00 % whats left for me.  The economy will have to go ass up real bad before people have no money and property is being given away at 2001 prices. Only my opinion.     Devo 76 I also consided getting back to nature, buying an old place in the bush but your are right it may be best to look for oppertunitys in the current market. How much is my cash worth, banks seem to lend less now so all the greedy vendors may have to wait or take a bit less.
    Cheers……………..T

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

Well… this is typical bear market perception….. go back to 2003.. majority people were advised to BUY BUY BUY BUY because property growth DOUBLING every 7-10 years….well towards the end of 2008…. the market has fallen dramatically and none of broker/adviser would advise to BUY BUY BUY stating that it may fall further 20% or 30%???? You never be able to catch the bottom of the market nor selling the top of the market…

Well this is just a human perception or greediness…. would like to see in 2010… when look backwards…just IF I bought shares/property in 2008… ehhehehe??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.