Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Dean ParkersonDean Parkerson
    @dean-parkerson

Is Toowoomba a good place to buy property?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Yes almost as good as South Africa.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of raddlesraddles
    @raddles

HI there
    as someone who lives in Toowoomba and has investment properties here – just wondering Richard what are you trying to get at?

Dean – would suggest you have a good think still about Toowoomba at the moment – the underlying problem is still water (our dams are at under 10% capacity).  There has been an oversupply of rentals in the area but that does seem to be improving.  It still is a nice place to live as an owner occupier.

thanks

Profile photo of Dean ParkersonDean Parkerson
    @dean-parkerson

Hi Raddles,

Thanks for the informative post. What would a house with a couple of acres cost?

@raddles

HI there Dean

It would be unlikely you could get a property in Toowoomba with a couple of acres – suggest you do a search of the surrounding area on realestate.com for areas in Highfields, Meringandan and Cambooya.

Just be aware though – finance is going to be harder to come by

thanks

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

In a previous post Dean was trying to sell a property in South Africa.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon
    raddles wrote:

HI there
    Dean – would suggest you have a good think still about Toowoomba at the moment – the underlying problem is still water (our dams are at under 10% capacity). 

Dont worry there is a pipeline coming form Wyvenhoe to Cessbrook weir it will start constrcution in January and be finished late 09 that should prevent a water crisis in Toowomba.

Profile photo of Dean ParkersonDean Parkerson
    @dean-parkerson

I have a friend who lives in Warracknabeal and wants to move somewhere that has good weather average temp around 25c and somewhere that is relatively close to Brisbane because he thinks his wifes kids might move there. Someone said move to Toowoomba. I am suggesting Lismore or Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast.

My research is telling me this about Toowoomba:

1. Arguably a good place to live;

2. Not a good place for capital growth.

Correct?

@raddles

HI there
    I actually think Toowoomba is a good place to live and it has received good capital growth.  It is about 12 months behind Brisbane in any property cycle.

As for Richard's comment – thanks for clarifying – thought it had to be along those lines.

And yes – am looking forward to the pipeline completion – as that will create some certainty for the area and the water supply.  I am still concerned over the oversupply of rentals in the area – which affects rental yield.

If you do a search of previous posts – you will see there has been some pretty positive comments about Toowoomba.

I note that I also have property at the Sunshine Coast – which I also think is a good place to live.  Infrastructure has a lot of catching up to do in that area.
    thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.