All Topics / General Property / investors stay out – give first homebuyers a chance

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of carlincarlin
    Participant
    @carlin

I'm not a first home buyer, and agree with those who predict the doubling of the FHBG to $14,000 for existing homes is just going to drive already overinflated prices higher. The bigger the bubble, the bigger the bust come June 30 when the grants stop.

Out of sympathy for first home buyers, we investors should take a breather and let them compete among themselves.

There'll no doubt be more listings now, so that might dampen prices…..though somehow I doubt it, judging by the enthusiasm with which the grants have been met. There may be more houses put up for sale, but there's also going to be LOTS more FH buyers flooding open inspections now.

Add the recent 1% interest rate drop, and it's clear that any early signs of an emerging buyers' market have evaporated in most places. Certainly here in Adelaide the agents are smiling once more.

So investors, sit back and chill. Once this taxpayer-funded party's over then we'll see how things really are. For Rudd and co to be splurging $10b of the surplus in this desperate way, they must be fearing a global recession is a real possibility. Trouble is, when you mess with the economy by artificially boosting it short-term, it often backfires.

At least that's my take on it – keen to hear others's views.

Carlin

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

I can't get the FHOG so I will be unable to increase the price by $14000 dollars and will be chilling out..

Profile photo of CDCD
    Participant
    @cd

I am an investor and, currently, also a FHB with a nice freshly signed land contract.
    So my view: eeeeeeexcellenttttt

Profile photo of devo76devo76
    @devo76

But remember the moment a FHB actually owns a house. They too would love nothing more than to see house prices rise because now they are on the ladder also.Its just that initial step to buy one. They have more help to do that  now so get in when you can i say. Certain gloomers while hating investors ATM would be more than happy with rising house values AFTER they buy.They can all start accumilating wealth.

Some argue that its not real wealth as all houses rise and therefore if they sell they have to pay the same again for another property generaly speaking( No real gain in wealth). I agree exept for two points. Thanks to inflation etc the borrowed amount gets smaller as the years roll on and also im sure that if a investor sells a property down the road and banks the proceeds. That money is as real as any cash i have ever known.Buying a PPOR and buying one Ip is well withing the majority of Australias working populations grasp and is therefore a  good way to improve there wealth situation.FHB will quickly become investors as times improve.

Profile photo of fandibongfandibong
    @fandibong

I just bought property yesterday, price is 10% cheaper than similar property sold 6 months ago… and I got 14k FHOG…. interest rate keep going down…

and….. property price will keep going up… this is excellent news…

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.