All Topics / Help Needed! / Are people still investing in such hard times

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of Dr.SpockDr.Spock
    Participant
    @dr-spock

Hi everyone,

wander if people are still investing at times when the economy is no so good?

If so what are people doing? eg buying run down and adding value? if this is the case is it still working, are values coming up to what you expected it to be?

Buy and Hold?

or are people just sitting tight?

I am interested in hearing what people are doing?

regards

Profile photo of CHISCHIS
    Participant
    @chis

Attitude to risk is the answer
    The conservative approach is to hold cash and wait at the moment.
    There is some bargains in the share market
    There are some bargains in the property market. Many people turn to property in these times and with falling interest rates, it may get even better.
    Location, location, location

Profile photo of s michies michie
    @s-michie

Yes. There's plenty of bargains to be had.

Profile photo of MysteryMystery
    Participant
    @mystery

We are happy to sit tight at present. We are concentrating on building up the cash savings and happy to sit on the sidelines.  Several of our IP's are on large development size blocks. This is where we see our next IP's coming from. No hurry, .. the land isn't going anywhere.

Martin

Profile photo of Event HorizonEvent Horizon
    @event-horizon

tricky question, depending on where you plan investing and personal circumstance, how does the R word  effect you

2 weeks ago I was sitting tight and a little nervous, just retrenched due to the down turn, thinking shite my properties values are also likely to, or beginning to slide backward or sideways with no plans to take on more debt obviously. Now with a new job, 20% pay rise and the recent interest rate cut of 0.8% and more to rate cuts coming, Im entertaining the idea that perhaps nows a good time to start reseaching again and getting finance sorted should an atractive deal pop up ……..with a long term view…

Profile photo of MiketamMiketam
    @miketam

Are people still investing in hard times?
    Why isn't now the best time to invest? Money coming out of the stockmarket (not always lost), interest rates going down and likely to go down another 1% in the next 12 months, $15k incentive for 1st home buyers to buy now and a shortage of housing. Now is a great time to buy. However as they say location location. This will provide more likely long term rewards.
    I just bought in Townsville. Good employment, shortage of housing and great rent returns. Just sit back and wait now

Profile photo of JoeyDJoeyD
    @joeyd

People are still definitly investing in both the stock market and in property.  While Real Estate may be over-valued in most areas of Australia it is still much safer and less volitile than the share market at the moment. 
    It really comes back to how much risk you want to take on board.  You could comfortably put your cash in a bank term deposit (banks are desparate to get depositors back) with almost no risk, but most of the people on these forums believe the small amount of risk you take on board with property investing is far out weiged by the gains to be had.

Profile photo of jphlaujphlau
    @jphlau

Sitting here patiently for scamp's comments…

Profile photo of Casper_1000Casper_1000
    Participant
    @casper_1000

I’m sitting tight at the moment. I shut down my managed funds because tired of the volatility and I think the overall downtrend will continue. Yes there are bargains out there but I will stay out until the market shows solid signs of stability and recovery. Otherwise you may be ‘catching falling daggers’.

I was retrenched from my job and at home not looking for the same instead wanting to do my own thing hence moved my money into cash. I live very frugally and at the moment am spending less then bank interest I earn but if interest rates keep coming down which banks are factoring in then this means less passive income and pressure on myself to find other sources of income apart from going back to the 9-5 routine.

Profile photo of Dr.SpockDr.Spock
    Participant
    @dr-spock

Me and Hubby,

Just paying off debt at the moment,

Would love to invest right now however we know we would not get finance.

I do get so frustrated because I can see some very good investments on the market now.

But I suppose our day will come, there will always be opportunity in any market (RIGHT)

regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.