All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Signed Agency agreement – what if I want to increase the selling price? HELP!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Boshy888Boshy888
    Participant
    @boshy888

Hi there

I signed a sales inspection report and agency agreement yesterday and am in the cooling off period. I am happy to sell and all conditions but have decided that want to increase the price I have agreed to sell at as I believe the agent has encouraged me to advertise at too low a price after checking the competition.

The clause that says:

The principal authorises the agent to sell the property for $xxxxx or such a price as the principal might agree to accept.

Am I bound to sell at the $xxxxx price or can I refuse?  I contacted the agent this morning and he said that agreement is only between him and me and it is not necessarily the advertised price.  However, as it is a contract, I am feeling rather distrustful of a verbal agreement that is different to a written one.

Does anyone here know about this?

Profile photo of Boshy888Boshy888
    Participant
    @boshy888

I ended up asking the R.E. to come around and had the agreement amended and initialed.  Still don't know if this was definitely required or not though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.